Wedding Party

Uneven bridal party?

Is it a big deal to have an uneven bridal party (ie - 3 groomsmen and 5 bridesmaids)? 

I have one sister and four close friends that I'd like to be in the bridal party (one friend I could technically leave out if having more bridesmaids was really an issue, but I would like to ask her and I think it would mean a lot to her too). My FI has no siblings and has 3 close friends that he would like to be his groomsmen. He is a bit opposed to adding more people to his side, as he doesn't want a large bridal party. Also, in order for him to add 1-2 more people, he would also have to pick certain guys from one group of friends where everyone knows each other/hangs out regularly, while leaving others out, rather than just having his 3 best buddies from high school/college. 

I think it's fine to have 1-2 more bridesmaids than groomsmen. The girls will just walk themselves down during the ceremony and the guys will already be standing up at the alter, so I don't think it would be TOO noticeable. However, my FI is not so sure. What do you think? 

Re: Uneven bridal party?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards