May 2014 Weddings

dress regret

I loved my dress when i picked it, and still do, but since i got it i have seen it on people from The Knot, in wedding pictures from local photograpers, and a few other places. aperently its a Davids Bridal bestseller. LOL Seeing it on so many other people makes it feel not so special anymore. Ugh. I guess i just have to get that out of my head. i had my second fitting tonight and the bust has to be taken in. I either lost weight, or my chest shrunk( or both) Hiopefully thats the last fix.

Re: dress regret

• I can understand the dress regret-just remember that it is the dress you fell in love with, and if others did, too, then you just have to celebrate the amazing good taste you all have!

I had my final fitting today and I was not happy...DB did a great job, but I've gained a few pounds since the first one, so the dress gave me MAJOR back fat...sigh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sigh. I know how you feel. I loved my dress in the beginning and still do, but after two alterations it still doesn't look as good as I expected. The bust just looks weird, still too big. Very nervous about my last fitting in two weeks.
  • I wouldn't let other people wearing it make you have regrets. Just remember that your guests haven't been scouring wedding websites for months so your wedding will likely be the first time they've ever seen the dress :)
  • I wouldn't let other people wearing it make you have regrets. Just remember that your guests haven't been scouring wedding websites for months so your wedding will likely be the first time they've ever seen the dress :)

good point.
  • I have a pretty popular Allure dress. I was looking up inspiration photos to send our photographer and I came across like 5 weddings with the bride wearing my dress. It was a little weird. Just remember.....no one will look like you look in it :) and all that matters is how your husband sees you in it!
  • If so many people love it enough to buy it, just think how much everyone will love seeing you in it on your wedding day! If you're concerned about looking like a clone, thank goodness there are so many different ways to accessorize and make it your own! I am sure you will look absolutely beautiful. Just rock it. :)

In a way, it's a good thing. You can use those pictures to give you inspiration about how you'll want (or don't want) to do your hair/accessorize. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards