Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Can you do the "Exit" early?

So my fiance and I are going to do a sparkler exit (with the firework sparklers). However, I only have my photographer until 10pm, and our reception is going to last until midnight. Midnight is when the limo is picking us up. Is there any way to do the exit early so that my photographer can leave at 10, but I still have my neat sparkler pictures? Any ideas? I can ask her to stay but I'd have to pay an extra 2 hours worth, and she has two small kids and lives almost an hour from the site, so I don't think it's fair to keep her until midnight.

Re: Can you do the "Exit" early?

• Options
    Can you pull it off with just the bridal party & maybe immediate family so that way you aren't stopping the whole reception to do it?
  • Options
    Maybe, but I have found this amazing picture that I want to recreate. We are having a late ceremony, so this may work. But then again, I don't want the guests to feel left out. 
  • Options
    I don't get doing a fake exit so you can get a picture of an event that wasn't even real. 
  • Options
    Don't get hung up on recreating pictures from other people's weddings. Instead, hire an amazing photographer who will capture magical moments from your wedding.
  • Options
    Yeah, a fake exit for a photo op rubs me the wrong way.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I would find a fake exit done very weird and, as a guest, I'd probably just leave afterward.  Do you really want to stop the party and momentum of the night?  I really think you're going to have alot of people leaving after that.

And you'll look back on pictures and KNOW that wasn't even real.....it was all staged.  What's the point?
  • Options
    Ok, well clearly I'm not going to call it an "EXIT." I have no intentions of creating a fake scene like in a movie. I'm just going to gather my guests for a group pic with sparklers. I get my pic, my photographer gets to go home, I'm happy. End of story. 
  • Options
    Ok, well clearly I'm not going to call it an "EXIT." I have no intentions of creating a fake scene like in a movie. I'm just going to gather my guests for a group pic with sparklers. I get my pic, my photographer gets to go home, I'm happy. End of story. 
    Great, I guess you just answered your own question then!
  • Options
    Those photos are not easy to get. You need the 36 inch sparklers, the regular ones won't last long enough to get the shot. It's like herding cats to get everyone in place, the sparklers lit at the same time and then the photo snapped. It's not that easy. That is just the opinion of photographer how opted not to do the sparkler exit, very though I am obsessed with fireworks and the 4th of July and got married on July 3rd so it would have made sense to the guest if we had done it. IMHO :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards