Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandals Regency La Toc - St. Lucia

My fiance and I are getting married in June but honeymooning at Sandals in St. Lucia in November. No point in going any where warm when it's the middle of summer in New England.

Has anyone been to this Sandals? What is the over all feedback? Likes? Dislikes? Attire requirements?

Re: Sandals Regency La Toc - St. Lucia

• Options
    I'll be there through Nov 4th for our HM :) there is some good feedback comparing the three sandals of St. Lucia on this board if you do a quick search. Basically, its beach can be iffy because its smaller and gets rougher waves than the location at the grande. But it has better food. I think most would rate it in between the grande and hacylon, unless like us you are pool people in which case it is on par with the grande. Also allegedly a bit spread out and hilly depending on where your room is. I walk 3-5 miles a day outside of actual exercise so this was a total non issue for me.

Hopefully others who have been will give more detailed feedback.
  • Options
    Thanks so much @kla728! We miss you by 4 days. We go down November 8th. We are both beach and pool people. I have a feeling we may do one day at the beach at Grande just to check it out. We booked a one bedroom honeymoon hideaway suite. I'm a wicked foodie so I'm happy to hear the food is great!
  • Options
    My fiancé and I are going for our honeymoon June 30th-July 5th. We got the honeymoon hideaway room with private pool. I have heard that the beach can get rocky, but another resort is close by for good beach swimming. Other than that, I have heard amazing reviews. This will be our first time to a sandals resort!
  • Options
    That's where we're going too (next April)!  My sister and BIL went about 9 years ago (but to a different one on St. Lucia) and LOVED it (have actually been to quite a few Sandals since).  She said they think of EVERYTHING, you can go between the three resorts for different things, they're really clean, and they had an amazing time.  So I'm super pumped- we're doing the Honeymoon hideaway as well with the private pool because I really just want to roll out of bed and get in my own pool!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're heading there August 3rd! I've heard fairly good things about it, @kla728 pretty much covered everything I've heard. The good news is, there's free transfers between each of the 3 resorts so if you don't like the beach at La Toc you can hope a shuttle to the Grande and spend a beach day there! I'll be happy to provide more info once we get back if it's not too late!
  • Options
    We went there last Thanksgiving but stayed at Halcyon (not for HM).Grande has a more carnivl cruise atmosphere. Halcyon is smal and quiet - we are older so stayed there as it was also cheaper. You can use all eh Sandals resorts. So yes, go to Grande for a day. The bay there is better or sailing than the ther two (Halcyon second and La Toc third). There is pigeon Island National Park just outsid The grande- worth ahike but take water. The cabanas at Halcyon are not reservation but first come first served. They are not directly on he beachbut back a little bit in the garden. Nice and quiet. If you norkel Hacyon and LaToc trips go n the same boat. They do vary among a couple of places so go more than once. Grand goes to 2 place near the resort.
  • Options
    @hutchsi We are planning on staying at Halcyon. How did you like it?

• Options
    I just booked my weddingmoon at La Toc and am so thrilled with all the information shared in this thread! We got the butler suite with private pool as well (seems the way to go there). Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the other resorts? I'd also really be interested in any excursions you are looking at. :) Thanks for sharing! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards