Wedding Party

MOH problems

MeaganOrrMeaganOrr member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2014 in Wedding Party

Re: MOH problems

• MeaganOrr said:
    So, it was a no-brainer to pick my twin sister as my MOH. But recently she's been acting really bitchy. I guess it isn't that recent... but I'm starting to realize that I'm tired of her lying to my face every day. I feel like she has no respect for me. I mean, who blatantly lies to someone's face on a regular basis? She's been planning all of the wedding activities because she likes doing things like that (and she wants them to reflect well on her). But shouldn't my MOH be someone who supports and respects me? I feel like just because she's my sister doesn't guarantee her the MOH spot. Not that I really have that many friends that are girls anyways... I'm thinking to just have her as a bridesmaid and not have a MOH. Is that acceptable?

The fact that you asked her to be your MOH guarantees her the MOH spot, not the fact that she is your sister. It would be rude of you to take away that honor. What exactly is she lying about on a regular basis? Has she always been like that?

• MeaganOrrMeaganOrr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2014
  • You said in your first sentence "it was a no-brainer to pick my twin sister as my MOH." This indicates that you picked her. She clearly thinks she is your MOH, and it sounds like you've tacitly agreed to her being your MOH.

• MeaganOrr said:
    I never exactly asked her. It was kind of an unspoken agreement because we're twins and we've been together our whole lives. We live together at the moment and she just lies to me about everything. She and I make deals and I keep up my end of the bargain but she never comes through. I'm so tired of it. She's become very secretive about who she's with and talking to. And that doesn't bother me... if she wants to date a bunch of guys, fine. That's not my business. But lying directly to my face on a day to day basis is a problem. It shows no respect. She has no respect for me but she wants to be my MOH... for the attention. She was planning this really elaborate engagement party/couples shower for us and got really upset when we said we wanted something more low-key. Her style isn't our style. She thinks that because she's my sister she can do whatever she wants and it will be ok. I want my MOH to be someone who supports me and respects me. I want my MOH to be trustworthy. And when I talk to her about it she retorts, "Well, who else do you have? No one" as if she can do whatever she wants because I have no one to replace her with. I'd much rather not have a MOH if this is how it's going to be.
    Okay, so first you say you picked her and now you didn't ask. Which is it? Don't accept parties from her if you don't like the way she throws them. They're not required. The only thing, in fact, that she needs to do as MOH is get a dress, wear the dress, and wear it in your wedding. It is too late to not have a MOH because she is already it. If you take her out of the wedding, no matter how you do it, you will look like the worst bitch ever and she and everyone she tells will forever remember you as a bridezilla. So take a deep breath, have a glass of wine and let it go.

• If that's your real name, you should contact @knotporscha to have it changed. 

• Did someone say puppies?

~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards