Flowers
Options

Satin bouquet?

My FI and I are having a very non traditional wedding. I was just wondering, what opinions are out there about satin bouquets? I think I like satin flowers more than silk flowers (because the satin ones don't try to look like real flowers). I was thinking about getting those, because they'll last forever. I've been looking at things on etsy and they are kind of expensive. But if I don't get satin flowers I'll probably get a bouquet with two dozen white roses and call it good.

But I wanted some opinions, has anybody ever ordered a satin bouquet off etsy? Do you like the flowers? Advantages and disadvantages? Also, there won't be flowers anywhere else in the wedding. It will only be the bouquet, and grooms boutonnieres. So I thought it would look weird to have those real flowers, and no flowers anywhere else, but if they are satin flowers, then I don't think it will be as weird.

Re: Satin bouquet?

• Options
    @deannagirly

I am doing similar as you and the only flowers we're having is my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets and the groom and groomsmen boutonnieres. We are using real flowers because my sister used real flowers and it looked fine and she did the same thing that I am doing with flowers. There is nothing wrong with satin / silk flowers. I would say if you think you will look back is X amount of years and go "sigh I wish I had real flowers" then go with real. You can always look into getting your bouquet preserved and framed after the wedding if you wanted to.
  • Options
    I personally run an etsy shop and have made a good number of satin bouquets for brides around the world! Pros to having a satin bouquet - more lightweight, lasts forever, can be kept as a keepsake. Good for non-traditional or artsy weddings. Just know that if you do choose to go with an "alternative" type of bouquet, that you should pick satin/fabric flowers over felt. The felt tends to attract a lot of dust, debris, etc over time.

I am having my own wedding next year and while im doing a lot of things handmade (im still considering making my own bouts for the guys), my personal preference is to have real flowers :) good luck with your bouquet shopping!!
  • Options
    I made a satin flower and broaches bouquet. We are not having a wedding party for it's the only flowers as well. Here's a pic of mine.
  • Options
    @windie...those are beautiful.  I love the colors. :o)  I'm using real, but the only reason is because I don't have to pay for any of the bouquets.  I thought about doing fake so that I could keep the bouquet, but honestly...the more I thought about it...I don't want one more thing taking up space in my house.  LOL  I will keep it for a few days, but after it dies, it's goin bye-bye.

• Options

thanks @KristiNick2013 ! I love my bouquet & love the idea of it being around after the wedding. In fact it was the first thing I did after getting engaged, so its been around before too!

I showed it to my mom while I was in the process of making it and she thought it was pretty. When it was done she looked at me and said "You're not going to carry that are you?? You NEED real flowers!! If its an expense thing, I'll pay for them!" I love real flowers, but this is so much more "me". And I spent a good bit of $$ on the broaches, so I was not about to toss it (no pun!) just because Mom thinks I need real flowers. To apease her, I will get a simple toss bouquet with real flowers & take a picture with it just for her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards