Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

If money was no object...

what brands of each of the "major" alcohols would you want stocked at the bar at your wedding? My venue has the "normal" brands seen in the different shelf levels, but they're giving us the option of switching specific brands if there's one that we prefer/hate/etc.

So..what is everyone's favorite brands of vokda, rum, gin, whiskey, tequila, wine, beer, (am i missing anything?)...? Ready, set....go!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: If money was no object...

  • SmileDamnitSmileDamnit Mile High City member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Vodka - Kettle One
    Gin - Hendricks
    Rum - ??
    Whiskey (bourbon) - Basil Hayden/Stranahan's/Corsair
    Whiskey (rye) - Templeton
    Tequila - ??
    Wine (red) - Clos du Val Cabernet
    Wine (white) - Conundrum (blend)
    Bubbles - anything :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 Ravens & Bohs & Crabs & O's member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    I don't drink a lot of hard liquor, but I do know that H loves Grey Goose vodka.

    lc07
  • Vodka - Grey Goose
    Rum - Malibu Coconut
    Tequila - Patron
    Wine - a nice prosecco or viognier
    Bubbles - Veuve Clicquot brut
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Maggie0829 - do you drink wine or beer? If so, what's your usual?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ciroc Vodka!!! Yummm
    Rum- I'd still go with my malibu
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 Ravens & Bohs & Crabs & O's member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    @casey8784 - I love me some wine but if I had to choose I prefer wine from a local vineyard near me, Boordy Vineyard, and I would drink Riesling or Pinot Grigio.  As for beer, I am not a huge beer drinker and I tend to like lighter, citrus type beers more suited for the summer like Blue Moon, Summer Shandy, Landshark, etc so nothing that is crazy expensive.

  • tammym1001tammym1001 Akron, Ohio member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    Vodka - Grey Goose or Ketel One
    Whiskey - Crown Royal

    I don't really drink any other hard liquors. For wine I like Beringer Cabernet. 
    image
  • cupcait927cupcait927 Western NY wine country member
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

    Vodka - Ketel One for sure.

    Whiskey - Maker's Mark (FI's suggestion)

    I don't really drink any other liquor but for champagne, I'm a fan of the Veuve Clicquot brut as @tcnoble suggested. For wine, FI and I prefer to stick with local vineyards but in terms of types (red vs white), I'm good if you have an oaky Chardonnay, a Riesling and a Merlot. Beer - we're big craft beer drinkers and will try just about anything.

  • chibiyuichibiyui The Boring Part of MD member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    So. I'm cheap. 

    Vodka - Stoli, then Smirnoff, then Pinnacle
    Whiskey - Makers Mark
    Rum - Captain Morgan ( I hear good things for Kraken)
    Tequila - Friends who drink it love Patron. I'm cheap and haven't bought tequila for myself
    Beer- no drinkie
    Wine - Varies depending on type. I prefer whites to reds, and prefer sweet whites like Riesling or Moscato
    image



    Anniversary
  • Malibu rum is pretty much the only thing I drink.
    photo tumblr_mfhfonwf671rg1b79o1_500_zps27a85afc.gif
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    tcnoble
  • chibiyui said:
    So. I'm cheap. 

    Vodka - Stoli, then Smirnoff, then Pinnacle
    Whiskey - Makers Mark
    Rum - Captain Morgan ( I hear good things for Kraken)
    Tequila - Friends who drink it love Patron. I'm cheap and haven't bought tequila for myself
    Beer- no drinkie
    Wine - Varies depending on type. I prefer whites to reds, and prefer sweet whites like Riesling or Moscato
    @chibiyui I think we're alcohol twins here! 

    I have heard great things about Kraken; I also love Cruzan (but mainly their coconut flavor) but rarely see it up here

    I rarely rarely drink beer - really, there are maybe 2 that I have liked: a brewery up here (Boston Beer Works) has this summertime watermelon beer that is awesome, and last October we were in Epcot (coincidentally during, not for) the wine and food festival and "Germany" had this grapefruit beer that tasted like juice. And I've been in a Moscato phase for a months now... (I would have this served at the wedding in Oct but I know that most people don't want a sweet wine with dinner lol)

    @Maggie0829 - I love me shandy also...though, I only found out last year that there's actually a brand for it! I've only ever seen bartenders make it with beer and 7-up (or whatever they have on hand) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    chibiyui
  • Vodka - Sky or Grey Goose

    Whiskey - Jack Daniels or Crown

    Beer - Yuenling is popular in my area but I know it's not available everywhere

    lyndausvi
  • @erikan73 - Yuengling just became available here, maybe 2 months ago? lol...everyone is going BSC running out to stock up...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JennyColadaJennyColada Awesometown, CA member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    I could easily spend thousands of dollar on wine (red or rose) and champagne (or other bubbles) if given the chance!
    casey8784SmileDamnit
  • Vodka- stoli is my favorite, but upper level would be grey goose Rum- blue chair bay Tequila- anything clear, not yellow. Less of a hangover with clear Scotch- dalmore Beer- anything craft Wine- i dont do red, but i LOVE riesling! Bubbles- prosecco, or pretty much anything
  • MobKazMobKaz Chicago suburbs member
    Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    casey8784 said:
    chibiyui said:
    So. I'm cheap. 

    Vodka - Stoli, then Smirnoff, then Pinnacle
    Whiskey - Makers Mark
    Rum - Captain Morgan ( I hear good things for Kraken)
    Tequila - Friends who drink it love Patron. I'm cheap and haven't bought tequila for myself
    Beer- no drinkie
    Wine - Varies depending on type. I prefer whites to reds, and prefer sweet whites like Riesling or Moscato
    @chibiyui I think we're alcohol twins here! 

    I have heard great things about Kraken; I also love Cruzan (but mainly their coconut flavor) but rarely see it up here

    I rarely rarely drink beer - really, there are maybe 2 that I have liked: a brewery up here (Boston Beer Works) has this summertime watermelon beer that is awesome, and last October we were in Epcot (coincidentally during, not for) the wine and food festival and "Germany" had this grapefruit beer that tasted like juice. And I've been in a Moscato phase for a months now... (I would have this served at the wedding in Oct but I know that most people don't want a sweet wine with dinner lol)

    @Maggie0829 - I love me shandy also...though, I only found out last year that there's actually a brand for it! I've only ever seen bartenders make it with beer and 7-up (or whatever they have on hand) 
    Was it by any chance Schofferhofer?  I hate beer. But that is pretty darn tasty.  For my daughter's wedding we paid extra to offer guests variations of the Mike's Hard Lemonade flavors. Many women in our family who consider themselves non or light drinkers will often have at least one Mike's on a summer evening.
  • @mobkaz - YES! Schofferhofer! I meant to check once we got home, to see if it's available in the USA, but I forgot the name...thanks ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz Chicago suburbs member
    Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    casey8784 said:
    @mobkaz - YES! Schofferhofer! I meant to check once we got home, to see if it's available in the USA, but I forgot the name...thanks ;)
    I know it is in the Chicagoland area.  Good luck!
    casey8784
  • We careful though... there are different kinds...Schöfferhofer Weizen would be a normal wheat beer...what you are looking for is Schöfferhofer Weizen-Mix... grapefruit, lemon, pomegrenate-guarana, prickly pear, pear-ginger... 

    grapefruit is lovely... can't really recommend pear-ginger...
  • Based on what I have seen in premium bar packages Heineken and Amstel/Amstel light are considered the premium beers.  I think they are nice enough to give a bar an upscale look and please the more discriminating beer drinkers but also "plain" enough for the people that like Bud and Coors Light. 

    I also think Yuengling is a fine beer.  It has been around in PA forever and is on tap everywhere so we consider it a "plain" beer but everyone likes it, even the beer snobs that I hang out with.  If it is new in your area the buzz around it could make it a cool choice to add to the bar.

  • Vodka: Gray Goose
    Gin: Tanqueray 
    Rum: Well…. there tons of dark rums, but I think Myers works well for a lot of things, plus Bacardi light rum
    Tequila: Patron
    Whiskey- I only drink rye, so Crown
    Wine: A cabernet and sauvignon blanc are always winners
    Champagne- I want champagne at a wedding always
    I dont' drink beer, so I dunno
    lc07
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards