Wedding Reception Forum

Seating help

Hi Everyone, Just a quick question to help me nail down some specifics as my wedding rapidly draws near! I was trying to organize seating for our reception. We decided to assign tables but not seats to the guests (especially after reading the opinions on here!). We don't want people getting stuck with people they don't know/like. My question is, Do I need individual place cards with each persons name and table number, or can I simply have something that displays the tables and lists the names? I know if I just had a list that It would need to be large and easily visible so people are standing there searching forever. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it work well either way? Thanks a bunch!

Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seating help

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    You can do either individual cards or whatever or a big sign. Either one is fine. If you do a sign, depending on how many guests you have, make sure it is large enough or that you do more than one so it can be read easily and people aren't crowded around unable to read it.

ETA: Sorry for the superfluous info on something you already thought about with sign size!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Personally, I like individual cards.  Sort it alphabetically and I can quickly grab mine and know where I'm going.  I like the looks of the big boards, but if I'm walking in with someone and get caught up chatting for a minute or two, chances are good I'm going to forget which table I'm supposed to be at and have to go back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards