Attire & Accessories Forum

Maid Of Honor, how are you differentiating between other bridesmaid

I'm trying to decide what if anything I should do to differentiate my MOH from my other BM. I've hear that the MOH sometimes gets a different dress but I only have 3 BM including my MOH. I want my BM to all look the same attire wise so the MOH has the same dress as the other BM. I was thinking maybe a larger bouquet? What are you ladies doing, or are you doing nothing different at all? Please let me know!

Re: Maid Of Honor, how are you differentiating between other bridesmaid

• Lwaryjas said:
    I'm trying to decide what if anything I should do to differentiate my MOH from my other BM. I've hear that the MOH sometimes gets a different dress but I only have 3 BM including my MOH. I want my BM to all look the same attire wise so the MOH has the same dress as the other BM. I was thinking maybe a larger bouquet? What are you ladies doing, or are you doing nothing different at all? Please let me know!
    @Lwaryjas

I was willing to let my MOH have a different dress (long vs short) but she ended up with a short dress she really liked. I am going to have her bouquet be a little bit bigger but not by much. I also will list her as MOH in the wedding programs. Other than that, I am not really doing anything.
  • Nothing at all. 

Anniversary
  • edited April 2014
    I wouldn't make her bouquet larger if you're planning on her holding yours during the ceremony. Maybe a different color, if anything.

She'll be standing closest to you, that's all the differentiation that's really needed.

ETA a missing word.

• I would make the color of her bouquet and shoes differ from that of other's.
  • My MOH wore a black lace bolero over her dress.
  • I have three including the MOH, but I'm not doing anything to differentiate her other than having her stand by me in the ceremony. I don think it's really needed. Everyone knows based on who is standing beside you, and I wouldn't want the other two to feel less important by having a different bouquet.
  • Not a thing

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• The only thing that is different about the MOH is that she stands next to you and holds your bouquet.  She doesn't need to dress differently.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I have two MOH's and 3 other bridesmaids. At this point the only difference will be the colour of their bouquets. If the bridesmaids have white roses with purple hydrangeas, the MOH's will have white hydrangeas with purple roses. Same size just the opposite, and we will also be using the bouquets for our head table.
  • Not a thing

CMGragain said:
    The only thing that is different about the MOH is that she stands next to you and holds your bouquet.  She doesn't need to dress differently.

All this and less!
  • I'm doing nothing different.

• Mine and my MOH's bouquets included one different flower in the arrangement than the bridesmaid bouquets.  It was a really subtle difference.  Ours included pink roses and the other girls just had all the same flowers but omitted the pink roses.

Another wedding I was in, the MOHs had little white fake berry type things (sorry, don't know what they are called) in their bouquets and the rest of the bridesmaids had pink ones.

When I was MOH in another wedding, she had all white bouquets (winter wedding) and mine and hers had rhinestones in them, and the rest of the bridesmaids did not.  I also had a different dress.

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I don't have a MOH, just bridesmaids, therefore I can't answer for what I am personally doing, but the wedding's I have been in the past, there where no diff between us and the MOH (same dress, same flowers) 
  • I am not differentiating my girls, but our dress comes with a sash that is tied in a bow in the back. We tried a different color bow on my MOH, and also tried putting the new on the front/side instead of in the back.

image   image   image

• My girls are all wearing something a bit different, but the only real difference is my MOH will be standing the closest to me at the ceremony and signing as witness.  Other than that, they are all treated the same :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Why does she need to look different? Nobody is going to say to themselves, "Ohhhh, Suzie is wearing a rhinestone hair clip! She must be the Maid of Honor!"
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I haven't really thought of this much...I guess maybe I could make some of the flowers a different color? We're doing tulips and I was only planning on "mini bouquets" for the bridesmaids (like half a dozen or less flowers) so maybe I could make a couple of those tulips a different color for her. I probably won't do anything though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards