New Jersey - South

Renting a Beach House for a Reception

Hello!

I am looking to rent a house on the Jersey Shore (Ocean to Cape May Counties)- any suggestions?  I have been on a few sites like Home Away From Home, but I would love to see if anyone has had any good experiences or contacts.  We are looking to have a simple ceremony on a beach and then have a catered bbq for a reception.  

Thank you in advance!

Re: Renting a Beach House for a Reception

• There was a bride on here who did rent a large beach home for a private wedding like you want.  She rented in Stone Harbor, but on the bay.  So they had a beautiful sunset to enjoy, rather than the beach.  

The problem with the beach wedding like your planning, is that you will still need a permit to have the wedding on the beach.  Even a beach front home doesn't own the land in front of it, the state does, so you still need a permit to put out all the chairs, etc.  If you can rent a large enough home on the bay, the backyard is the home's property, so you are free to do whatever you want.

Try vrbo.com.  Also, before renting, contact the town to make sure that they don't have ordinances against having large parties like you want.  There could also be noise ordinances that will make you end at a certain time, so you will need to know about them, so you end at the perfect time.  The last thing you want is the police or fire marshal shutting down your wedding!
  • Thank you for the advice!  I will def look into all options.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards