Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon ideas and experiences in/around US

Hello,

My fiance and I are looking for a honeymoon option but don't know where to look. At first we were considering Disney World but he gets tired easily so we're going to take that option away and look for something less physical and exerting.

We're looking for a honeymoon either in the US or around the US (we don't want to spend too much time traveling in a plane). I'm not a fan of beaches but it'll be ok if there is one. We want to try to find a all-inclusive place but don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

If anybody has any past experiences at a resort or anything from a vacation or honeymoon please comment. I'm trying to find some good ideas. My wedding is in January 2015, below is a list of the things we are looking for:

-Inexpensive/moderately priced
-All-Inclusive would be nice
-Nice weather
-Beaches are ok
-Cool Activities
-Spa
-Relaxing

Thanks guys!

Re: Honeymoon ideas and experiences in/around US

• You need to give us a budget before we can make suggestions.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• CMGragain said:
    You need to give us a budget before we can make suggestions.
    How about anything under $5000 including airfare for 2 people
  • Where are you flying from? What do you consider "nice" weather? For me, that would be warm, and the only places in the US that would qualify in January would be South Florida (keys, miami), Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Possibly San Diego and Arizona. I think Hawaii would be a difficult fit in your budget unless you are already on the west coast. As other posters have said on other boards, there are no inclusive of alcohol resorts in the US due to USDA regulations. I think put of the options I listed, I'd look around South Florida. There are sooo many choices, making moderately priced easier to find and there is also great food and cultural options. Its also relatively inexpensive to fly into South Florida.
  • I just re-read your post and see you also mentioned around the US. I went to Jamaica for a week in January once, stayed at a Sandals, which is all inclusive. The weather was great, Jamaica is well priced compared with other Caribbean destinations, and it was slightly before their peak season so the pricing was great. I think we paid about 3400 for two, exclusive of air fare. Fight is also only about 3 hours from the east coast.
  • I just re-read your post and see you also mentioned around the US. I went to Jamaica for a week in January once, stayed at a Sandals, which is all inclusive. The weather was great, Jamaica is well priced compared with other Caribbean destinations, and it was slightly before their peak season so the pricing was great. I think we paid about 3400 for two, exclusive of air fare. Fight is also only about 3 hours from the east coast.
    Sandals at Jamaica sounds great! Which resort did you stay in? And what did you do there?

Also I am from Philadelphia and good weather for me would be anything warm and bathing suit worthy :)
  • You have enough for a week long Caribbean cruise.  Cruises include food, room, entertainment.  They do not include alcohol, tips, airfare, and shore excursions.  January is a bargain month for cruises.  You do not need passports for most Caribbean itineraries if they begin and end in the USA (Florida).
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards