Louisiana-New Orleans

01/18/14 vendor reviews

jjlevitojjlevito member
First Anniversary
edited April 2014 in Louisiana-New Orleans

I can honestly say that I planned a majority of my wedding from theKnot.  So I feel like I should pay it forward and review all of my vendors. I will say first off, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Mother Nature: A+

Planning a wedding in January is a complete gamble.  However, it was gorgeous the entire weekend.  Thank you NOLA, you can be so unpredictable sometimes.

Venue: Rosy’s Jazz Hall A+++++++++

AMAZING.  I attended a wedding in 2008 and fell completely in love with it.  It is such a cool atmosphere and they run that place like a well-oiled machine.  I work in the bridal industry and I see some of the nightmares brides go through.  I wanted to have a stress-free atmosphere and just throw a huge party.  Rosy’s definitely accomplished that.  Darlene is phenomenal.  She treats you like you are the only bride getting married at Rosy’s.  She responded to my email within a day and kept everyone on a tight schedule.  I truly had nothing to worry about the entire night.

Photographer: Sabree Hill A+++++++++

Thank you theKnot, I would have never found her if it wasn’t for you.  She is awesome and could charge double what she charges.  She is extremely calm, professional, and great to work with.  She got a shot of my whole family including my two nephews both under the age of 5 all smiling.  Thank you Sabree, you brought my mother to tears and I will cherish all of my photos forever!

Videographer BrideFilm A+++++++++:

I kept going back and forth on getting a videographer.  After talking to everyone, I decided to bit the bullet and get a videographer.  Boy am I glad a I did. Just like everyone tells you, the night flies by.  I mean a blink and it is over.  While I love my pictures, there is something different about seeing it again.  I just got my video last night and it is perfect.  It was money well spent and I love BrideFilms style of editing.  Take my advice, GET THE VIDEOGRAPHER and save other places.

Cake: Haydels A+++++++++

YUMMO! I mean seriously delicious.  Top layer was raspberry, middle was Irish cream, and bottom was praline.  It was so good.

Bridal gown/bridesmaids: Yvonne LaFleur A+++++++++

Getting a dress from Yvonne LaFleur is a true experience.  The dresses hang from the ceiling, and you have the room to yourself.  Not to mention there is nothing over $2500 and the entire store gets free alterations.  My dress came in on time, altered to fit like a glove, and my bridesmaids were all treated like royalty. 

Ceremony music/second line band: Dr. Jazz A+++++++++

I loved them.  Dr. Steele and his band truly love what they do.  They played upbeat fun music while everyone was coming in, sang during cocktail hour, and brought everyone to their feet during the second line band. 

DJ: Omega Sound A+++++++++

They were great.  They played everything I asked and didn’t play anything we didn’t want. DJ Rusty played oldies fun music in the beginning of the night and then played fun music later on in the night. I didn’t even ask him to do that, but it flowed really well. 

Officiate: Reverend Gnuse A+++++++++

I wanted a short, sweet, and to the point ceremony.  We are different religions so we wanted a God ceremony but not a particular one.  He nailed it. 

Hair: Brantley Hair Salon A+++++++++

She was a doll.  Made a very calm atmosphere in an otherwise extremely hectic place.  She did my hair exactly like the picture I showed her and everyone looked great.

Makeup: Kim Porsche A+++++++++

She made me feel the prettiest I have ever felt.  All of our eyes looked incredible.  She convinced me to do fake eyelashes and it made all the difference.

Transportation: Big Easy Limos A+++++++++

We were so last minute booking this that I am surprised we even got transportation.  The driver was a sweetheart and got everyone there on time.  He even played fun music taking everyone back to the hotel.

Room Block: Marriott Hotel on Canal A+++++++++

Nice rooms, but the place is HUGE. They were very accommodating when we had our vendors come in and almost everyone in the room block was on the same floor.   It was great that at any given time when I went downstairs I ran into at least one friend/family. 

Other vendors:

My best friend was my florist.  I would make and hand her cards out to everyone if she would allow me.

Re: 01/18/14 vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards