Attire & Accessories Forum

I found my dress!...But I'm having 2nd thoughts!

After going to many bridal salons, I finally fell in love with a gown and said yes to the dress! BUT, I showed pictures of my gown to my mother who, unfortunately, doesn't really like it. She says that I should have gone with a poofy dress with a very structured bodice (ie. padding and lift in the bust area) and a sweetheart neckline because she thinks that my dress isn't really flattering my small bust. Ugh.

Due to her comments, I've been doubting my dress choice. Maybe she's right...well at least about the neckline as I am starting to think that it isn't helping my small bust. Should I modify the under-dress into a strapless sweetheart neckline to look something like this Christos dress I found on google? I would keep the tulle overlay and its beautiful sleeves alone.  Or should I listen to my mother and get a completely different dress? I'm starting to panic! Thanks for your help! 

Re: I found my dress!...But I'm having 2nd thoughts!

• It's stunning and your bust looks great. Ignore your mom.
  • Your dress is stunning. If you are concerned about the small bust, you can always add cutlets 'n cups, but I think your silhouette is gorgeous in it as it is.
  • You look amazing in your dress.  I wouldn't even think about modifying that dress just because your Mom doesn't like it (talk about crazy expensive to do let alone it may be impossible).  That is crazy. If you love it then that is all that matters.

• Your dress is gorgeous and you look beautiful in it!
  • I think your dress looks beautiful on you. As far as the bust problem, I can tell you as a large chested girl that I could never pull off a dress like that. I feel like that dress is really made for someone with a smaller chest. I think your Mom is crazy. 
  • I love it & you look fantastic! Is it a Jenny Packham? I went with JP's Eden in ivory, which is quite similar to your dress (with no train). I'm also small busted and agree with PP that the style actually flatters a smaller chest. You rock it, girl. Don't let your mother make you second guess.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It looks great on you.  Ignore your mom.  My mom wanted me to get a different dress as well and I ignored her.  If you want more lift in the bust, you can just get a good strapless push up bra to wear under the gown.
  • I think your dress is gorgeous.  I like it much better than the other dress picture you posted.  It's unique and sophisticated.  If you love it, wear it.  The end.
  • Sorry, but that was a bitch thing for her to say.  You look great in that dress.
  • My mom doesn't like my dress either, but I love it so I really don't care.

You look great in that dress!!!  If you love it, don't worry about what your mom says (or anybody else), it's your day and your vision.

Anniversary
  • Ditto - looks beautiful on you.
  • Wow! Your dress is beautiful! Don't change a thing! I don't like the 2nd dress near as much.
  • Beautiful gown! Don't change a thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards