May 2014 Weddings

Ceremony Music

My fiance and I have ceremony music planned for when everyone is walking down the aisle and that's it. Do any of you guys have anything planned for after the ceremony, like when you're walking back down the aisle as husband and wife? All these little details keep springing up! 

Re: Ceremony Music

• Mendelsohn's Wedding March is the traditional recessional song, if you want to check into it.

I'm considering using the Laendler from the Sound of Music--it's beautiful!
  • We're using the "social link max" music from Persona 3........Cause we've maxed our social link.....

I'll see myself out. :p

Anniversary
  • Yes, we are having a song played for our recessional. We're using all modern music for the ceremony. Our recessional song will be Ceremony by New Order. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im thinking American authors Best day of my life. its upbeat and fun. I think it would be so much fun to kinda danceback down the ailse to it on our way out
  • We're having my cousin play Fairytale Lullaby by Bombay Bicycle club on his acoustic guitar during the processional but I didn't think about the recessional. uuughhhh
  • We are having "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole played for our recessional. Our ceremony musician (a saxophonist) asked what we wanted for processional, recessional, and our unity ceremony when I booked him so we knew we had to pick something. We aren't doing a first dance, but Unforgettable was one of the songs on our short list as our wedding song. Our unity ceremony song "It had to be you" by Frank Sinatra was also on the list. So this way we get our wedding songs in there without having an actual first dance.
  • We will be playing Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield.  We are dorks...I'm pretty sure at one point during our reception we will have the "Everything is Awesome" song from the Lego Movie play...yeah we are that kind of dorky :)
    Anniversary
  • We are having Signed Sealed Delivered by Stevie Wonder!
  • "All You Need Is Love" by the Beatles
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited April 2014
    We're doing "Gone Gone Gone" by Phillip Phillips. Love the lyrics! We're dorks too. FI and his GMs will be walking out to the Imperial March from Star Wars. :)

• We're doing "Gone Gone Gone" by Phillip Phillips. Love the lyrics! We're dorks too. FI and his GMs will be walking out to the Imperial March from Star Wars. :)

Our recessional is the Throne Room from Star Wars! I'm debating having our ceremony musician start the Imperial March when it's time for my dad and I, but it's a church ceremony, so that may not be appropriate...my mom really wants the Mos Eisley Cantina Band song to play during cocktail hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kittykaty20

That's awesome! I had told FI DJ should abruptly end the imperial march & put on the cantina band song for jokes. FI is considering it lol. If not, I'll mention cocktail hour because that's a great idea!

• I am going all traditional. Bridal March for when I walk down the isle and the Wedding march for afterwards. 
  • We have a string quartet and are doing traditional music for the ceremony but fun for the recessional...we're going to go with I Want to Hold Your Hand (The Beatles).  We're keeping them on for the cocktail hour to perform more contemporary stuff before we move to the DJ at dinner time.

• Our recessional is going to be "Just Like Heaven" from the Cure.

We're having an outdoor rooftop garden ceremony, no church, so most of it will be not so traditional.

But we're probably going to be playing some covers from the Vitamin String Quartet's collections of songs from The Pixies, The Smiths before the ceremony.

I think the Bridal Chorus will probably be the most traditional song we use.

We literally just started this part, so it's been fun.

• @KayDeee LOVE your music selections! We are also using a lot of Vitamin String Quartet during the ceremony and I'm interested to see if any of our guests will recognize the songs, because most of them are classic rock. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @klburke88 Yes! I think the fun of using those versions of the songs will be the guests realizing the music is familiar but they just can't put their finger on how they know it, then BAM, they realize what cover song it is. I think that will be a lot of fun.
  • I love this topic! Song selections is def. a highlight for me! For our bridal party processional we are doing a harp solo of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  Bridal processional: West Life's " I Do" (dont know how Im not going to cry)! Interlude: (doing a Knot ceremony in place of unity candle): West life's " Love Can Build A Bridge" I cant figure out a recessional song or bridal party entrance song (reception) So hard! We just know we want something upbeat and not "typical."

We will be announced (reception) to Barry White's "My First, My Last, My Everything." We are going to get into position as if going right into our first dance, then all of us are breaking out into a dance that was done on an Ally McBeal episode to same song! We start rehearsing Monday! Cant wait!

So much fun!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • klburke88

We're doing Ceremony by New Order too!

I guess I wasn't as original as I thought, haha.

• @kefryar Are you a big fan of Sophia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" movie? I'm a New Order fan, but didn't hear that song until I saw her movie and I loved it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • klburke88 said:
    @kefryar Are you a big fan of Sophia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" movie? I'm a New Order fan, but didn't hear that song until I saw her movie and I loved it!

klburke88

LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie! Pretty sure that's the 1st time I heard that song too! It's just too perfect. I wish my wedding could look like that movie!

• @kefryar I feel the same way. The movie was the inspiration behind my idea of having a big dessert table, like all the scenes where they're eating little cakes and cookies. And I'll have a sign above my cake table that reads "Let them Eat Cake!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're playing a string version of "Eye of the Tiger" for our recessional!  Processional songs are string versions of "Don't Stop Believing" and "All You Need is Love" :)
  • I am going all traditional. Bridal March for when I walk down the isle and the Wedding march for afterwards. 
    Ditto this! I feel like hardly anyone uses these anymore but I just wouldn't feel like it was my wedding without them. Bridal party will walk into the reception to Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" and we are walking in to Bob Marley "Could you Be Loved." We are still trying to agree on a first dance song. And one of my BFF's (a bridesmaid) is surprising us with the song for me to dance with dad & FI to dance with his mom (we will dance at the same time) and she's going to sing it for us.
  • Finally decided on the processional song! Forever by Ben Harper. When I started talking to FI about music he quickly looked up this song and told me to listen to the words. Then looked at me with a big smile & tears in his eyes! I knew right away this was the song I wanted to be playing as I walked to him.

And I think the resessional will be Light of Day by Jimmy Needham. It's a song that I have always considered "ours" and the chorus is perfect for a morning wedding.

"And nobody knows just where this road will lead
    But I'll take your hand as He's leading me
    We'll walk on the shores of this beautiful sea
    And into the light of day"
    Just might have to start it a few bars in as it takes a few to get started...

We are having a pretty non-traditional wedding, so why not have non-tradtional songs!

• luvskittlesluvskittles member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Bridal party is coming out to String Quartet's cover of Oasis' Champagne Supernova, I'll come out to Here Comes the Bride (FI insisted), and our recessional is String Quarters Bittersweet Symphony (think it sounds pretty!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards