May 2014 Weddings

Need RSVP responses??

Have my FMIL hunt them down! :) Today I have her the entire guest list so she can go through it and see who has responded and who hasn't. She was shocked by how many we still haven't received. She now has made it her personal mission to contact FI side of the family for responses. Which I think is awesome. I'm thinking I might sic my mom onto my side of my family lol. Anyways just had to share :)
Anniversary

Re: Need RSVP responses??

• I have my FMIL hunting her family and my grandmom getting a hold of mine. Sometimes I wonder why we put a stamp on the things. *sigh*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's awesome. I'm only waiting on 3 RSVP's. They are all from FI's side so I'm going to have him track them down.

On a side note: we were at FSMILs house yesterday for Easter and she said something about not having an RSVP card. It turns out she threw away the envelope and the map in it because she already knew where she was going and the RSVP card was behind the map. LOL She said she figured we just didn't put one in there because we knew they were coming. 
  • We are still waiting for a bunch of RSVPs.  We asked that they be sent to us by April 18th.  I still have time before I need to hand in our head count but I get how frustrating it is.  Especially when it comes to family and close friends.  I send out STDs a year in advance.  So it's not like they were blindsided by a wedding invite.  Either you're coming or you're not and the envelope is already stamped and addressed.  It's not that hard people. 

26 days until the craziness is over!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • my dad' family "doesn't think they have to RSVP."  which is great, because my wedding requires them all to fly to get to it, and the RSVP card includes three separate events (rehearsal dinner, reception, sunday brunch) all of which i need specific head counts for.  So i guess i'm supposed to take a stab in the dark about what they're going to show up for?  the only person who has responded unprovoked was one aunt whose daughter got married last year, and that daughter.  apparently no one else understands how planning a wedding works.  Sigh.

They still have almost two weeks before the RSVPs are due, but i literally had to ask my own father to send his back (he told me he had booked his flights, so i guess he figured that was all i needed to know?), so i don't have high hopes.  Sigh.

• We have some RSVPS not back yet...deadline is tomorrow. 

Yesterday we got a card that was just marked " delightfully accepts" with no name.  I fully intended on numbering the cards before I sent them out for just such a situation, but then I got so stressed/busy sending the invites out I forgot.

I just stared at the card, in disbelief.  Not looking forward to trying to figure out who it's from.  And the postmark will not help.  And they didn't put a return address.....cripes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had both an "accepts with pleasure" and "declines with regret" come back with no names.  I don't get it either.  I showed my FI, and he was like "how are we suppose to know who those came from"....exactly!  Then, I talked to my mom tonight, and one of their friends told her they are not able to attend, and then asked "do I need to send in that reply card?"....It is pre-stamped and self addressed, how hard is it to check "declines with regret", put your name on it, and drop it in the mail??
  • My FI thought I was absolutely nuts because I coded the back of the response cards.  It's been stressful enough trying to get people to mail their stupid cards in let alone trying to figure out who didn't put their name on it.  I'm glad I took the time to do it because we got at least 5 cards back with no name on it.  All from FI's side :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My FI thought I was absolutely nuts because I coded the back of the response cards.  It's been stressful enough trying to get people to mail their stupid cards in let alone trying to figure out who didn't put their name on it.  I'm glad I took the time to do it because we got at least 5 cards back with no name on it.  All from FI's side :)

I put numbers on the back of mine as well... haven't had any come back blank yet.

I also put a place for people to add a song they'd like to hear - one friend put Amish Paradise!! silly girl - not sure i will be fulfilling that request!

• Not only did I number them but I filled them out with their names as well. Mostly because we aren't having kids at the wedding and I didn't want any questions. 
    Anniversary
  • I got a handful on my side and he has a handful on his side.  We are both working on tracking these down!  We got about a week until out final meeting with the caterer, so we need final numbers.

• Our deadline is TODAY. We are still missing just under 1/3 of them. I'm currently at work... All I have to say is there better be a TON in our mailbox, otherwise I may wake up our neighbors SCREAMING :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards