African American Weddings

RSVP

I'm looking at invitations now, and iim thinking instead of sending out rsvp's to send reception cards. The ceremony and reception are going to be at the same location. On the reception card I'd indicate adult only reception to follow, with the date I need responses and asking guest to either all or email their rsvp's. I would prefer for people to call or email instead if mailing back the response card, that way ill avoid people trying to bring extra people that wasn't addressed to come. What's your thoughts on doing that?

Re: RSVP

• Slaughter2014 honestly either way ppl are going to some kind of way not follow directions.. I sent out invites for our wedding shower and either they got or the post office still has yet to deliver it from over 2 weeks ago but either way those that have it are basically sitting around and waiting for the exact date to RSVP... Im like who does that, either you know you are coming or you arent... no need to procrastinate and sit on it just do it... And im pretty sure even if you do recommend to call or email you will still run into problems..

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I agree with @misstira, even though we used directed people to our website to RSVP, we still got a few "extra" requests, like wanted a plus 2 and how a couple guests told me that I should invite a couple other people that 1) I'm not close and 2) if I wanted to meet them, it wouldn't be for $150/plate. Seriously, you will find foolishness regardless of the means you invite. You say adults only and I bet you'll have a cousin who beg and plead to be an exception to the rule.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Guh. How bout your kinfolk and everybody else ain't finna call, email or send the card back and will show up anydamnway. You (or your zulu warrior designee will have to call each and every one of these people and be very clear in the wording of your question. Be prepared to either hurt feelings or alter your budget. I wish I didn't wanna giggle at the idea of you depending on courtesy lol, but ask some of your veteran wives in here, gone need to get a lil ignant.
  • Ugh, I was trying to avoid all of the above. I don't want people to feel like because THEY were invited that they should go FIND a date to attend the ceremony/reception with. I feel like, if you have a significant other/spouse that we're aware of then of course they'll be invited...just not the guy you met last month. @minus5, it's too late I've already gone through the begging and pleading part. I have an aunt that hasn't spoken to me in months! All because her kids are not able to attend the wedding. The only kids I am having there are the kids that are in the ceremony (because its too far from home to drop them off afterwards and return), and te kids from out of town guest (can't invite/expect out of town to come and find a sitter). She doesn't understand my position.
  • (can't invite/expect out of town to come and find a sitter)

Given enough notice/time, the alternate solution for parents is to employ sitters where they live or they make the decision not to attend.  Either way, don't allow that to influence what you'd like for your reception.   Excluding children in the wedding party, adults only means adults only.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards