Wedding Woes
Options

Dr. WW

Last night I got this horrible pain the area just below my belly button towards the right side.  It hurt like a mofo any time I moved.  Not a shooting pain but more like a gripping/muscle tightening pain.  It was almost to the level of the gallbladder, but I didn't need to hit any major meds.  I know it's not gallbladder or appendix. 

Ovary?  I'm no where near a period though.

It still hurts this morning but not as bad.

Re: Dr. WW

• Options
    Ovulation pain?
  • Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Okay, so this is really gross and embarrassing, but I had pain like this once. I was scared it was my appendix (my dad's had burst a few months before) so I hauled ass to the ER and got a CAT scan and all that jazz. Turned out a portion of my belly fat had gotten stuck between my abdominal muscles, which were pinching the nerves. Bob's your uncle.

But really, if it's bothering you, call your doctor.
  • Options
    I am thinking same as Conn - ovulation pain.
  • Options
    Did you tense up your abdomen at some point and maybe pull something a little off?  
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    emmyg65 said:
    Okay, so this is really gross and embarrassing, but I had pain like this once. I was scared it was my appendix (my dad's had burst a few months before) so I hauled ass to the ER and got a CAT scan and all that jazz. Turned out a portion of my belly fat had gotten stuck between my abdominal muscles, which were pinching the nerves. Bob's your uncle.

But really, if it's bothering you, call your doctor.

How does this happen and how do they fix it? Can I get insurance to pay for lipo?!?!

I don't want to ovulate.  Now I'm picturing my poor little egg beating itself against my cauterized tubes.

@Varunatt it doesn't feel muscular, but it is highly possible.  These kids constantly have me twisting and lifting and crap.

• Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Adhesions. You're had c section x3 now, so the amount and placement of the scar tissue can be increased and weird and it can pull painfully, especially with activity.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I like the adhesion theory add in an open appendectomy and gallbladder and it makes sense.  Anything I can do for it?
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Oh yeah, that would totally add more in there too. Heating pad and ibuprofen would be the best bet, but sometimes it just hurts and we can't do anything for it unfortunately.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Thanks Jojo!  I'll give that a whirl.  WebMD had some information too but of course it goes straight to worst case surgery scenarios. 
  • Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @6fsn, no idea how it happens. It worked itself out. Ew. It didn't occur to me to ask about lipo! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards