Attire & Accessories Forum

Shoes for my bridesmaids?!?

I am having the hardest time picking out the shoes for my bridesmaids! They are wearing this dress from davids bridal in Apple Red.

My first thought is a nude or tan shoe.. I've also seen pictures we're people have done a pop of color in the shoes which I like but I'm not sure what color I should do? We are doing a fall themed wedding so there will be reds,oranges,browns,yellows, etc. The men will be in Tan suits with red ties.. I'm also trying to find a short wedge for the girls because the wedding is outdoors on grass. 

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Shoes for my bridesmaids?!?

• Just pick a neutral color.  If you pick a specific shoe or a non-neutral color then you need to pay for it.

• Let them wear whatever nude or beige shoe they want.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think it would look nice if you chose a neutral colour and let the BMs pick their own shoes.
    That dress colour with black shoes:
    Silver shoes:
    White:
    Nude:
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    You are overthinking this.  Most BM's probably own a pair of basic black pumps.  No fuss, no muss. Ask yourself, of the last weddings you attended, what did the BM wear on their feet?  

• Let them choose. Most women have something in black already and black and red look great! That way nobody has to go out and buy new shoes. If you do decide to choose the shoe for them though, be prepared to pay for them yourself. It is extremely rude for you to expect your bm's to cough up extra cash on top of their dresses to buy shoes they may or may not want to wear again. Besdies, as PP's said, nobody will even remember what they wore on their feet.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Please don't pick out a shoe. Honestly, you don't even need to pick a color. Exactly nobody will look at/remember their feet. I picked black and I hate that I did that much. Do you know how many pictures I have where you can even see what's on their feet, even though they wore knee-length dresses? Exactly ZERO.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    I think tan or black would be best. 
  • I think your best bet would be one of the following:
    Black
    Nude
    Tan
    Silver

All are basic colors that the girls will be able to wear again (and might already own).

Anniversary
  • Nude goes great with fall colors. Plus, they are versatile. No one needs to be in matching shoes, because people won't be looking at their feet. :)
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • No one will really notice. I'd tell them all to go with black or nude.

Personally, I hate nude shoes for myself. I can never find a color that looks good in a height I can walk in.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards