May 2014 Weddings

Anyone else freaking out?

Our wedding is not until the 31st, but I'm starting to freak out. I keep feeling that I'm forgetting something. Last night I had a meltdown about my final dress fitting, which was today and everything was fixed, luckily. I think the pressure is starting to get to me. 

Re: Anyone else freaking out?

• I'm totally with you. I'm getting married the 31st too. I swear... at some point every day I have a minor panic attack about this or that. I CANNOT believe TOMORROW is MAY! :O
  • I was starting to freak when I hit about 30 days out. But then I just kinda got over it and got into war mode. Lol. Im not sure what else to call it. But I literally just went from freaking out to on point. My thought process narrowed and im tackling everything with determination
  • ddvirtsddvirts member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Good to know I'm not alone lol I made a list of everything I still need to do. It's a long list, but at least now my mind is a little more organized.
  • I made a list too. (I have til the 31st) Hopefully I can get everything taken care of. =
  • My wedding is saturday. hahahah. yes I'm freaking!

Well kind of. I've been so busy I havent had much time to freak. What they say is true though! you lose weight the week of the wedding. No time to eat! - I've lost 3 pounds this week. nuts.
  • windiewindie member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I haven't started to freak yet, but I feel right on the verg! Mine is also the 31st. I just know there are things I'm forgetting
  • Everyone keeps saying how calm I am...I feel SO out of control, though! I think I've just reached a point where whatever happens, happens. I was most worried about the church coming together. That's done. And I have be-ribboned so many things for the reception in the last two days. Wonderously calming. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did have a sudden "omg I have a bunch of tiny things I need to do!!" moment.  I think today I'm going to get super organized and make sure that whatever can get done, does get done.  I also need to clean my house right now.  There are a few things I have to wait on to do, and there are other things I already have in the calendar as to-dos the week before.  But yeah, I'm keeping my freaking to a minimum.  I did find out yesterday that RSVP responses (or the lack thereof) are turning me into a crazy person.  I'm about to loose my shit on my family.  They are ALL from out of state.  So by now you either know you're coming or you know you aren't.  Either way SEND BACK THE RSVP CARD!!!!  Not to mention those were the same people who got STD cards in December as well.  So them bitches know if they are coming or not.... [see, crazy person]
    Anniversary
  • Oh wow this week has been a major stressed out mess for me! My job is suffering a lot which will probably reflect poorly on me at review time. I'm not sleeping and I keep forgetting things. 22 more days to go and I am in full on panic mode! So much to finish and so little time to do it! I finally sat down and made a to-do list but I feel like I'm forgetting things. Not gonna lie, so ready for this all to be done and be on the beach with a cocktail!
  • windiewindie member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    akopitzke said:
    Oh wow this week has been a major stressed out mess for me! My job is suffering a lot which will probably reflect poorly on me at review time. I'm not sleeping and I keep forgetting things. 22 more days to go and I am in full on panic mode! So much to finish and so little time to do it! I finally sat down and made a to-do list but I feel like I'm forgetting things. Not gonna lie, so ready for this all to be done and be on the beach with a cocktail!
    I agree!! but in the mountains in a private hot tub!
  • I just had to add, FI and I picked up our marriage certificate today!!!! OMG it is so happening!!! :D  Also I have a appointment for a teeth cleaning next week :)
    Anniversary
  • Its just stupid things that are freaking me out at the moment. Like this morning the baker called and said she's still waiting on payment (wedding is next weekend) and that she never received the ribbon we were supposed to provide her for trimming the cupcake stand.

....ummm my wonderful parents had that paid in full MONTHS ago and I personally dropped off the ribbon two weeks ago. It was all straightened out right away but it put me in a horrible mood. I really can't take anything not going smoothly!

Like @akopitzke said - bring on the beach and a cocktail. I'm over this planning crap.
  • About two weeks ago (so a month before the wedding) I started freaking out that I was forgetting all kinds of stuff and all these bad things were going to happen. I have lists, diagrams, spreadsheets, and a coordinator so I know nothing is going wrong, but I couldn't help freaking out. I finished up a couple of things I had left to do and now I don't have to do anything until the week of the wedding except have my bachelorette party this weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards