Wedding Party

Paying for Bridal Hair- Okay as gift?

So I have a few BM's who want hair done, and some who just want MU done. I have not made this a requirement, and have heard if you don't and they want it, than they pay for it. What if though, I wanted to pay for whoever wants it done, and let that be their WP gift? I will of course still give them a smaller gift as well, but is that an okay gift? Just curious. I tried searching for a similar post, but they were old, and didn't want to bring up a zombie post lol.

Thoughts? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Best Answer

Re: Paying for Bridal Hair- Okay as gift?

• Well, the thing is, they aren't from my area, per se. Most live a bit over an hour away, and one, several hours away. The lady who is doing my hair is in my area, so the salon thing won't work unfortunately. I was originally just going to give each a GC and some other goodies. Maybe a small bottle of wine, and some candies, or something like that.

The good thing is that I haven't offered to pay for it to their faces, and told them the prices of X services if they wanted it done. So I hope they don't forget and think I am paying..if I end up not doing that as a gift. Cause that will be awkward LOL. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think its a great idea. I would love to have some else pay so I could get all fancy. As long as you get them something little along with paying for hair or MU.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Be careful with it not seeming like you're treating some BMs differently than others. I am paying for all of the girls' makeup but told them they're on their own for hair because I am not getting mine professionally done. As a gift, maybe it should be something the girls can enjoy and remember later....the makeup is only day-of and for photos. I think the safest thing here is to just tell them they're on their own for all of it.
  • Oh okay, go it! I would pay for everyone's but not everyone wants it done, etc. Maybe I will just stick to getting them some goodies, like small bottles of wine for each, and some chocolates, or something. Ultimately, I will give them a GC, but would it be bad to get them like a visa card that they can us wherever, versus to a place they may/may not like.

The only reason I am asking is because I know everyone's taste are different, and I do not know their exact most favorite place to shop/eat. I know certain interest for some. For example, my BFF/MOH, LOVESS cats, so I got her a few things related to that. The other's I know some of their big interests, but am so unsure of what they will really like, ya know? I know I am over thinking this all entirely, but I want them to have something they will use and enjoy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    No, I would not do this as their gift.
  • doeydo said:
    Ok cool! Will stick with what I had planned. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Emmy1493 said:
    doeydo said:
    Good.  For the benefit of others reading this thread, paying for bridal hair and makeup doesn't really constitute a "gift" to them because it's something you're requiring that they do for your wedding.  In order to count as a "gift" it has to come without strings attached.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Emmy1493 said:
    doeydo said:
    Good.  For the benefit of others reading this thread, paying for bridal hair and makeup doesn't really constitute a "gift" to them because it's something you're requiring that they do for your wedding.  In order to count as a "gift" it has to come without strings attached.
    I agree. However, I am not requiring them to get anything done. That's the only reason why I was asking. But yes, agreed! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards