May 2014 Weddings

Why does it sound different when FI says it?

So I've been doing a countdown with my friends and family for weeks now. So they hear a lot of "I'm getting married in 3 weeks!!", "I'm getting married in 2 weeks!!!", etc. Yesterday FI was telling me that he was talking to an acquaintance of his who invited him to a weekend long thing next week. FI said "no I can't do anything for a whole weekend right now, you know I'm getting married in two weeks right?" When he said the getting married in two weeks part it made my heart do a little flutter. I don't know why but it is different when he says it instead of me. LOL 

BTW, the guy did not know that we were getting married in two weeks :) I guess that's what happens when you have a small wedding.

Re: Why does it sound different when FI says it?

• windiewindie member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary

its like how when you KNOW something, but when someone else says it - it means so much more. And when its your FI - your heart flys because thats a bit of a confirmation that its still happening :)

Much of the day yesterday I was saying "I'm getting married THIS MONTH!" to who ever would listen ;) Before bed - I look at my FI and said "guess what?" and he mockingly said "we're getting married this month." I pouted - and he said its okay. I'm excited to, I just don't want to hear it every day. Which I get - he is more ready for this to be over and just be married than I am. 

So I am sure when I hear him say "I am getting married in x amount of time" my heart will be all flutter

• Yeah it was definitely different to hear him say it. He isn't exactly going around announcing it to people so I think that might be the first time I've even heard him say "I'm getting married". LOL 

On a different topic: we picked up our rings yesterday and I drove separate from him. He was like make sure you go straight home and don't stop anywhere with the rings in your car, blah, blah, blah. I was like you know I'm going to be wearing this ring every day every where that I go right? LOL
  • I had the same reaction after we got engaged.  When he would say "Oh I got engaged this weekend" or even "This is my fiance K" it's like ahhhhh ::insert teenage squeal here::

It's all just so exciting!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This just happened today!!! And I've heard FI say it several times, and it totally makes me glow. :)  We met up with this guy for a work thing today, and FI said "yeah we are getting married in 3 weeks!" and it totally makes me smile.  I think it sounds different cause they are men, and they aren't known for being the hearts and butterflies type, so when they say it and sound excited/proud it is awesome.
    Anniversary
  • Mine likes to snuggle up to me in ged and squeeze me, kiss my head and say only 15 days left! Or however many it is at that point
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards