Snarky Brides
Options

NWR: On the subject of the extravagance of "kids these days"....

I called a limo service looking into prices. Apparently even though my MOH told me she got hers last-minute, nowadays this is late in the game because "there are a lot of high school graduations that weekend". No worries of we don't get a limo, but I was a little taken aback that kids get limos for a HS graduation. Enough that I accidentally blurted out  on the phone with the limo service "A limo!?!? For a high school graduation?!?.... I mean.... how great that you have all that business." The lady laughed and agreed with me that it was a bit much, then informed me she had recently booked on of their limos for a kindergarten graduation....

Re: NWR: On the subject of the extravagance of "kids these days"....

• Options
    That is crazy. My friends and I didn't even get one for prom because it was expensive. I got a quote and decided that the price wasn't worth the 5 minute drive, so we drove our regular cars and saved the $400. 
  • Options
    I've never been in a limo in my life.  If the limo is just for you and your H, maybe you'd have better luck getting a chaeuferred sedan?  We had a vintage Rolls Royce for our getaway car at our wedding.  It was a little more expensive than a limo, but alot more awesome too.
  • Options
    A limo for graduation? Seriously? Our security was so tight, even driving sucked. We met up at a friend's house that was closest and walked.
  • Options
    WTF. I have NEVER been in a limo..I think we might take one to the airport for our honeymoon as an indulgence...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I got a limo for my junior prom. There were like 10 of us that went in on it and one the girl's dad's had a friend who got us a good deal. But not for graduation. And not for kindergarten graduation. Which we did do but was very simple. We made our own hats and then there was cake. 
  • Options
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

A limo for KINDERGARTEN graduation?
  • Options
    @Ven&Radio I was looking for the entire wedding party. My MOH got one for hers at the last minute and it ended up being one of the most fun parts. But with the prices now, I'm not entirely sold.

@wrigleyville That was my reaction precisely. If you're springing for a limo for a six-year-old, are you banking on finishing kindergarten being the height of the kid's accomplishments?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards