Registry and Gift Forum

What constitutes a "small" registry?

We know some of our guests very much prefer to give boxed gifts. Others we're not sure about. We already have a house and all the stuff that goes in it. We did register for some stuff we'd like to have and some upgrades (e.g. a nicer toaster, knives, dishes, etc.). Our preference is really cash, but of course, we'll be appreciative of anything we receive. We have 55 items on the registry and have invited 103 guests. I'm not sure yet if I'll be having a shower. We've included items in a range of prices and I'm sure that some people will combine multiple smaller items into a single gift. I understand that people will get the hint if you have a small registry, but my question is - what constitutes a "small" registry? Is there some sort of guideline for this? This whole gift thing is so awkward.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What constitutes a "small" registry?

• I wouldn't worry about it.  As long as you actually want the things on your registry it doesn't matter if it is "small" or not.  If people want to give you a gift they will, if they want to give you money they will.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Personally, I don't think that is small. If you want cash and aren't having any showers I would register. I would make a small list of the desired items so if people ask that want to purchase boxed gifts you or the mothers can offer suggestions from the list. If you decide to have a shower then definitely register. Then your 55 item registry might constitute small :)

Here is what we did...
    We did not register - anywhere. For our wedding the gifts broke down like this: 75% cash or check, 20% gift cards and 5% physical gifts. 
    If you want money or don't need anything don't register. This is the best way to politely suggest folks give you money. I'm telling you from experience ;-) 

There is nothing wrong with saying, when asked where you are registered, we are saving up for the honeymoon (or house or big screen TV or whatever it is you'd like to purchase). GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I considered mine to be small.  I registered at 2 places..dishes and matching pieces to the dish set at one (platter, large bowl, sugar bowl etc) and then about 30 items at the other.  I'm having about 65 at my wedding and there were about 20 at my shower.  All my larger items from the registries where purchased but besides that I got a lot of gift cards to the stores.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards