Pre-wedding Parties

destination wedding rehearsal dinner

So I'm planning a semi-destination wedding (it's far from my family, but close to my fiance's) in Franconia Notch NH, which is up in the mountains. It will be a little tricky to get to so I'm trying to make it as easy and hassle free as I can for those who chose to come. While our wedding dinner will be a more traditional catered affair, I wanted the rehearsal dinner to be very informal and allow people to come and go as they pleased. I don't want people worrying about their plane getting delayed so they can't miss our fancy party, and I want people who are already in town to be able to go hiking, sightseeing, read a good book or whatever they would like to do. A friend of mine suggested, venue allowing, that since it's in a rural area a picnic or BBQ might be a good idea. What do you guys think? How do I plan the rehearsal dinner/open house for a destination wedding?

Re: destination wedding rehearsal dinner

• Could you throw it as a welcome party? Or do you only want out of town guests to be invited?
  • Blue_BirdBlue_Bird member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    bookholm said:
    So I'm planning a semi-destination wedding (it's far from my family, but close to my fiance's) in Franconia Notch NH, which is up in the mountains. It will be a little tricky to get to so I'm trying to make it as easy and hassle free as I can for those who chose to come. While our wedding dinner will be a more traditional catered affair, I wanted the rehearsal dinner to be very informal and allow people to come and go as they pleased. I don't want people worrying about their plane getting delayed so they can't miss our fancy party, and I want people who are already in town to be able to go hiking, sightseeing, read a good book or whatever they would like to do. A friend of mine suggested, venue allowing, that since it's in a rural area a picnic or BBQ might be a good idea. What do you guys think? How do I plan the rehearsal dinner/open house for a destination wedding?
    I suggest skipping the rehearsal and dinner. Unless you're having an extremely complicated ceremony, it's unnecessary. Also, the only people who need be in attendance are the wedding party and their respective spouses/significant others.

ETA: The wedding party will presumably already be in attendance, so there's no reason to worry about them rushing to make it there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards