Flowers

are these flowers expensive?

Does anyone know if hydrangeas are expensive flowers in the Massachusetts area? I LOVE the fuchsia hydrangeas and would love to have them be the main flowers in my wedding but have no idea what the cost would be.  

Re: are these flowers expensive?

• rooz103rooz103 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Well like most other flowers, the price has a lot to do with the season. You can get them any time of the year, but since it's harder to get them in winter, the price would be higher in January than other times of year (if I remember correctly, hydrangea season is late summer/early autumn). Hydrangeas tend to fall into the more expensive group of wedding flowers, but your florist should be able to work them without ruining your budget. Actually, a local florist would probably be the best resource to find out about prices anyway. 
  • I'm having hydrangeas (wedding is north of Worcester), but I'm not sure of the cost per stem. If the cost per stem is more than other flowers, you have to remember they are bigger, so you won't need as many, as opposed to other flowers.

• We did a lot of hydrangea in May because it was cost effective- one stem takes up a lot of space.  I'd say that was the primary flower in the reception.  I don't know the cost per stem, but the florist suggested it as a cost effective flower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards