Wedding Woes

apparently I am the sort of person who puts salt and pepper

salt and pepper into a ziploc baggie, shakes it up, then takes it to work and stores it in the desk drawer.

Because I hate having to scrounge for some and I haven't gone out and bought something to use @ work.

Re: apparently I am the sort of person who puts salt and pepper

• That seems sensible to me, FWIW. 

But I also buy salad dressings that don't need to be refrigerated after opening because it's easier to store those in my desk drawer.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    YES--and shelf stable pudding cups.
    I should add shelf-stable dressing to my shopping list--I have a tiny tupperware in my fridge w/ some in there and it's obnoxious to pour out and my fridge smells like italian.

(I'll make pudding cups @ home most days, but the emergency stash in the drawer has only the ones that don't need a fridge)
  • Yep!! Shelf-stable pudding cups, jello cups, etc. My desk drawer is chock-full of stuff that doesn't need to be preserved in any special way because it's easier for me than storing stuff in the communal fridge.
    Anniversary

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I didn't know there were shelf stable dressings.  Is there a specific brand?  DH is always taking little tupperwares of dressing, but tends to forget to bring them home.
  • I put mixed s&p in a small tupperware because i got tired of scrounging in my desk drawers to see if I had any freebie packets left over. 
  • 6fsn said:

I didn't know there were shelf stable dressings.  Is there a specific brand?  DH is always taking little tupperwares of dressing, but tends to forget to bring them home.

I am partial to a brand called 'gazebo room' that's basically EVOO, vinegar, and spices. Not sure if it's local to me or not, though.

http://gazeboroom.com/gazebo-room-mobile/
    Anniversary

• I keep macaroni and cheese cups, freeze dried chickpeas and Keurig chai in my cabinet. I don't have drawers for things :(.

• I have a mini fridge in my cube because our shared fridge was gross

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:
    Newman's Own olive oil and vinegar is my go-to, I have it in my office right now.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I used to keep sugar and tea bags in my desk.  I started with just the tea but one day I went to the cabinet and all there was yellow, pink, and blue but no white.  After that I stocked my own.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards