Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Teeth Whitening

So FI and I both want to whiten our teeth leading up to our wedding (which is a long ways away, but might as well get the ball rolling!). I've tried various whitestrips when I was younger, but I could never seem to stick with them long enough to make a difference. We are both coffee and tea lovers (it's an illness, really) so especially his teeth need some serious whitening.

Here are my questions- do the "super fast working" ones actually work? Is it worth the money for whitestrips or should we do the dentist thing? Are trays better? And do the kits frequently on sale on Groupon actually work? Because I feel like those would be a good choice...

Expertise or experience appreciated!

Re: Teeth Whitening

• Options
    This is what I do and it would probably work for you since you have some time until your wedding. 

1. I brush with a whitening toothpaste twice a day.
    2. Floss every single day! (this really is important to helping keep your teeth look nice)
    3. Get a professional cleaning at the dentist every 6 months.
    4. Every 6 months after I get my teeth cleaned I start a home whitening treatment. I have used ones from the dentist and I honestly don't think they work any better than Crest White Strips.

My teeth are sparkly white pretty much all the time and I drink soda and red wine. Also, Crest has changed their white strips and they are a lot better now. I would recommend the 10 day ones.
  • Options
    I have used the Crest strips with good results. I use Crest whitening toothpaste and mouthwash daily to maintain and get compliments on the whiteness of my teeth. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I've used the crest white strips - I think it was the three day treatment (30 min or hr or so each time) and I saw a difference. I've also had my teeth done at a beauty spa (once) with groupon - and it worked but I was in pain for a day and bleached my gums (temporarily) white. You may also consider to go to your dentist or ask for a product he/she recommends. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards