Wedding Party
Options

Attire for ushers?

We were originally not planning to have ushers, but then realized it would be better given that we'll have pretty close quarters in the ceremony space, so ushers would help us avoid having empty chairs in the middle of rows, etc. We're expecting around 90 guests and the max seating is 100. I would hate for couples be split up due to single seats being left vacant. So, we asked two of FI's nephews to be ushers and they are happy to do it. FBIL said he would be happy to rent tuxes for them or whatever (we're doing suits, not tuxes), but I don't think it is necessary for them to have full suits at all. However, I would like for them to be in slacks and a dress shirt at least. FI said he doesn't want their parents to have to spend anything on their attire and said they both probably have some nice jeans and polo shirts, so they could just wear those. I really don't like that idea at all, but they're his family so I probably need to defer to him on this. Would it seem tacky for them to be in jeans and polos when the groom and groomsmen (our two boys) are in suits? Should I even care at this point?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Attire for ushers?

• Options
    It's not a big deal if they are, but I, like you, would prefer they were in slacks or khakis at least. Is there any room in your budget to pay for that for them?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    AddieCake said:
    It's not a big deal if they are, but I, like you, would prefer they were in slacks or khakis at least. Is there any room in your budget to pay for that for them?
    Yeah, more than likely. I'm sure we could at least pay half. I'll see FBIL and his wife Memorial Day weekend, which is still 3 weeks before the wedding. Hopefully we can figure something out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I think jeans would be out of place.  I suggest khakis, long sleeved dress shirts and a tie.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    If their father (I'm assuming FBIL is their father?) is willing to rent tuxes I sincerely doubt he was planning to have his children attend the wedding in jeans if they were there as just guests.  

First find out what they were planning to wear to the wedding and then go from there.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

scribe95 said:
    Any reason why the groomsmen can't do this? Might solve the problem.
    Yes, because one of the groomsmen (my son) is 7 years old and the other (his son) is 14 and kind of awkward. The two nephews are MUCH more outgoing and better suited to this task. Plus, we've already asked them to do it, so it would be rude to un-ask them at this point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards