Michigan-Detroit

On site hair and make up recommendation

Hi! I need recommendations/advice. So I booked my make up artist and also had the salon where I get my hair done booked for hair, however after thinking it through I realized that trying to get back from the salon to my parents for make up will probably be rushed (and I just want a relaxing morning with my girls - getting ready for my wedding should be fun not stressful). My mom asked the salon (that we've been clients of for 10+ years) if they would allow the make up artist to come into the salon to get started earlier - they said no. My mom then asked if the stylists were already blocked off that morning for us could come to her home - the salon owner said "she'd get back to my mom on that one". So now I'm feeling stressed about this with only 109 days to go! Do I look for a new hair stylist that will come to the house even though I know what to expect from my hair stylist? Rush myself and my girls that morning from the salon back to the house? Or  cancel both and find one company that can do both and take a chance (I guess that's what trials are for).

Side note: Our salon said they couldn't allow for another make up artist to come in because it would conflict with their licensed part time artist, whose work I wasn't really impressed with which is why I chose not to use her. Which I is understandable.

Any advice or recommendations would be great...thanks!!!!!

Re: On site hair and make up recommendation

• Yes! My Hair & Makeup artist is Cori Adams. She is from a salon in Chesterfield but will travel. Feel free to give her a call or text. She can do the entire bridal party herself or bring an assistant- and the price is great! 586-703-7612
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure where you are located, but my hair and makeup will be done by Mi Amore Event Hair and Makeup. Teresa is AMAZING and comes to you. She did my sisters wedding a couple of years ago and I didn't even consider anyone else for my wedding :) They are fast and do amazing work, and are so professional. Just what you need if you're looking for a stress-free prep session! 

• I'm using Ashlee Ann On Location Hair & Make-up. Wedding isn't until September but I had my trial already and was really impressed. She'll bring as many girls with her (she employs 12) to get everyone done on time and stress free! Cost is $60 per service per girl (so $120 for hair+make-up).

• I was in a wedding and the bride hired, Bridal Beauty Detroit On-Location Makeup & Hair. They were really good. I plan on using them also.
  • Thank you for this question, and the resulting answers. I am currently freaking out because my wedding is on a sunday (in Auburn Hills) and apparently all salons are closed that day. We chose a Sunday to save money and the only options I've found are "on-site" for around $175 for just my hair, which is too much for me. I'd do it myself but I'm wholly inept. Plus I have 3-5 other ladies that want to get their hair done.
  • Olivia at http://www.bridesmaidbeautiful.com/ is AWESOME! She did our hair AND makeup for my sister's wedding in 2011 and had her for my wedding Oct 2013! Website lists prices too! CHECK HER OUT! Plus I think she is opening/has opened her own salon!
  • Olivia at http://www.bridesmaidbeautiful.com/ is AWESOME! She did our hair AND makeup for my sister's wedding in 2011 and had her for my wedding Oct 2013! Website lists prices too! CHECK HER OUT! Plus I think she is opening/has opened her own salon!
    yes, they did my wedding last June and I was so pleased with their makeup (I had a friend doing hair).  I would definitely recommend Chrissy
  • I'm using Ashlee Ann On Location Hair & Make-up. Wedding isn't until September but I had my trial already and was really impressed. She'll bring as many girls with her (she employs 12) to get everyone done on time and stress free! Cost is $60 per service per girl (so $120 for hair+make-up).
    my sister in law used them last month, and I was SO PLEASED with my hair, and most of my makeup (the only thing I wasn't crazy about was the hot pink lipstick she put on me, I usually just do bold eye makeup and clear gloss, so it was a bit much) but everything else was awesome.
  • Hi! I'm also using Ashlee Ann. I'm getting married on the morning of Friday July, 4th with 7 bridesmaids, so I felt kind of in the same boat as you. She says there will be no problem getting everyone done in time to leave at 9:30am. Plus the pricing seems way better than other options.

I have my trial this week so I can report back. Good luck!
  • Hello!  I'm using the onsite work from 24Luxe.  I just had my trial a couple weeks ago with Stevie and she did exactly what I wanted.  You can contact Sarah at 24LuxebySarah@gmail.com.  It's $50 for the trial and $50-$60 the day of per person.  And they do makeup too (if you need it).  I'm using a different makeup artist myself.  I know they do have a travel fee as well.  I'm not sure what it would be to Auburn Hills.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards