Knottie Tech Help
Options

Chit chat and Wedding Whoas = same forum

Re: Chit chat and Wedding Whoas = same forum

• Options
    Why? Chit chat usually has a lot of topics, mostly about non wedding related things. Wedding woes is about bad things that happen at your wedding. I don't understand why they should be combined.
  • Options
    What is "Whoas"?
  • Options
    Can you elaborate? "Just saying" doesnt actually say anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    SBmini said:
    Just saying
    Why?
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    Why? Chit chat usually has a lot of topics, mostly about non wedding related things. Wedding woes is about bad things that happen at your wedding. I don't understand why they should be combined.
    Yeah, I agree.....these are two different boards.  OP - Care to elaborate a little more than "just saying" to justify your post title?
  • Options
    Also, it's 'wedding woes.' Not 'whoas.'
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That is the intention, yes, but in reality, there are wedding and non-wedding related posts on both forums. And without active moderation to tow threads where they become, the two forums are morphing into the exact same thing. Only difference is the people who hang out in either forum, but the conversation is nearly identical. 
  • Options
    SBmini said:
    That is the intention, yes, but in reality, there are wedding and non-wedding related posts on both forums. And without active moderation to tow threads where they become, the two forums are morphing into the exact same thing. Only difference is the people who hang out in either forum, but the conversation is nearly identical. 
    So what? Why does it bother you that there is a forum similar to Chit Chat where other posters post about similar topics? It's not like people are debarred from posting actual Wedding Woes in that forum (they do, frequently, and they're given answers). It's not like people who don't frequent WW aren't allowed to post there.

This is no skin off your nose, so why does it bother you?
    Anniversary

• Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    SBmini said:
    So what? Why does it bother you that there is a forum similar to Chit Chat where other posters post about similar topics? It's not like people are debarred from posting actual Wedding Woes in that forum (they do, frequently, and they're given answers). It's not like people who don't frequent WW aren't allowed to post there.

By this argument, it is no skin off your nose, so why are you getting so defensive to my comment? I don't like it because it is repetitive and confusing. It provides poor user experience to forum members, especially newbies who may not know which forum is for which purpose. Since the forums aren't being properly moderated to keep the topics separate, I don't see the point in wasting bandwidth on two separate destinations.
  • Options
    People post non etiquette related things on E all the time. Should it be combined with something?
  • Options
    Even if we still had moderators, they certainly wouldn't ban people from posting topics on say, the honeymoon board, that have nothing to do with an actual honeymoon.

And sorry but WW and CC are two different boards.  Yes there are a group of people who frequent the WW boards just to shoot the shit with each other but it certainly isn't against the rules or, IMO, any way confusing to other posters.  In regards to any forum you have posters who frequent and like certain boards and make friends with others on those boards.  They will post random stuff or post things that go with the purpose of the board.  Either way, I think combining boards is just going to lead to irritation among everyone.

• Options
    Why these two boards? Why not combine the music, favor, reception, etc. boards that have much less individual traffic instead? Why do you care?
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    They shouldn't ban people for posting in the wrong sections, but they should move those threads to the correct place. That's one thing that the Knot lacks since they ditched mods, and as a result- Chit Chat and Wedding Woas have become duplicate forums. They are both what I would consider an "off topic" section of the forum. If you go into wedding woas, most of the 'whoas' could perfectly fit into another subforum- same with chit chat. 

It's duplicative and unnecessary. With all the technical issues this forum has, it doesn't need to waste bandwidth through having the same forum twice. 
  • Options
    I really think you are over thinking this.  It really doesn't matter if multiple boards turn into the same thing.  People like to frequent certain boards.  I can tell you that I very rarely post anything in WW. Same with a lot of the other boards in "Special Topics" and even on the main board page.  I like certain boards over others and I like the posters in certain boards.  And as a former mod on A&A, unless there was a post regarding selling a dress, I never moved a post to another board.  Like right now there is a post about tanning on A&A.  Has nothing to do about attire and probably should have been on the beauty board, but people still respond to it and in the end it really doesn't lead people to think that that board is something that it isn't.

• Options
    SBmini said:
    SBmini said:

By this argument, it is no skin off your nose, so why are you getting so defensive to my comment? I don't like it because it is repetitive and confusing. It provides poor user experience to forum members, especially newbies who may not know which forum is for which purpose. Since the forums aren't being properly moderated to keep the topics separate, I don't see the point in wasting bandwidth on two separate destinations.
    Except that I participate, actively, in both forums, and therefore I see the subtle differences. 

The fact that YOU don't like it is irrelevant. I don't like the Offbeat Bride board, so you know what? I STAY OFF OF IT. Nothing is forcing you to participate in two boards that have overlapping tendencies. 

Because newbies are much rarer on WW, and because it's a smaller group of regular users there, I think newbs have a much better experience on WW in some ways -- their posts don't get buried as quickly.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Whoa is a command to a horse to stop. Most grade-schoolers would understand this. Woe is me.
  • Options
    SBmini said:
    Weddings Woes is a board where ppl are supposed to post issues they are having related to their wedding.  Many NWR topics are discussed by the regs there, but who cares?  We get a bunch of NWR and off topic threads on E as well.  Many of the other wedding forums get NWR posts too.  I really don't think we need a TK Hall Monitor to run around and close or move NWR/off topic posts.

Also, I am not a WW reg, but I lurk there and occasionally post, and I don't think the conversations are identical at all.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    It doesn't seem like you ought to be making suggestions about how to moderate a board if you can't figure out how to spell said board's name.  Clearly you're not familiar enough with Wedding Woes to judge whether or not it's redundant.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards