Wedding Party
Options

Bridal Party and seating chart

Hi all,

I need help badly. I have 10 members of the bridal party total (5 girls, 5 guys). The tables at the venue accommodate 10 per table. I am not sure how to seat them as not all have dates that are coming (e.g., it would be 9 at one table and 8 at another if I split them). I do not like the idea of seating the party all together as I was a bridesmaid a couple of times and felt awkward sitting without my date as I did not know most of the party. Would it be weird to put one of my bridesmaid's parents at the wedding party table (they are like family) to fill those two seats? Am I over thinking this? What would you guys do? I will appreciate any help!

Re: Bridal Party and seating chart

• Options
    I think you're over-thinking it.  Sit them all together (9 at one table, 8 at another) if that's how the numbers work out.  No one will notice or care if the numbers are uneven!  Only put your bridesmaid's parents there if that is the place that makes the most sense for them, not just to make it look symmetric.  The parents might want to sit with their own friends/peers and not the younger bridal party too.
  • Options
    kschm003 said:

Hi all,

I need help badly. I have 10 members of the bridal party total (5 girls, 5 guys). The tables at the venue accommodate 10 per table. I am not sure how to seat them as not all have dates that are coming (e.g., it would be 9 at one table and 8 at another if I split them). I do not like the idea of seating the party all together as I was a bridesmaid a couple of times and felt awkward sitting without my date as I did not know most of the party. Would it be weird to put one of my bridesmaid's parents at the wedding party table (they are like family) to fill those two seats? Am I over thinking this? What would you guys do? I will appreciate any help!

Please don't split them up. They deserve to sit with their dates.

Also, by the time the reception rolls around, their jobs as WP members are over.

Treat them the way you would any other guest; try to seat them with people they'd have something in common with.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Ditto PPs.  We sat our bridal party as we did other guests, so they were spread across three tables at the reception.  They don't all need to sit together.
    Anniversary

• Options

Do you HAVE to have tables of 10 people?  We had 8 or 9 people at some of our tables because the numbers didn't work out perfectly. 

And seat your wedding party with people they would normally sit with.  Most of my bridesmaids were together because they were friends, but my cousin who was a bridesmaid sat with her family. 

• Options
    JaclyneD said:
    Ditto PPs.  We sat our bridal party as we did other guests, so they were spread across three tables at the reception.  They don't all need to sit together.
    Same except we may have had them spread out across 5-6 tables.

Anniversary
  • Options
    If you have 10 tops, you are going to quickly end up with plenty of tables with 8 and 9 guests.  You aren't going to end up with a seating chart of perfect 10 person tables.  

It's fine to seat them 8 at one 9 at the other.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards