Registry and Gift Forum

Test

Re: Test

• It's a choice you make.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Megalega14Megalega14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I don't know WHAT happened! My ipad went a little crazy... And what is OP? I was trying to see if people check their registries in the beginning.. We just registered and I've been adding a thing here or there, but it's so tempting to check if anything was purchased.
  • mrod0506 said:
    I don't know WHAT happened! My ipad went a little crazy... And what is OP? I was trying to see if people check their registries in the beginning.. We just registered and I've been adding a thing here or there, but it's so tempting to check if anything was purchased.
    OP is Original Poster. 

Personally... the only harm in checking your registry is to yourself. My stepsister checked all the time and let herself get really annoyed when things didn't get purchased. If you won't stress out about it, just check. No big deal. Those things won't be a giant surprise anyway since you registered for them, just who they came from (which you still won't know).

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I've been checking my registries maybe once a month since I registered but that's only to make sure a whole bunch of items haven't suddenly been discontinued. I'm keeping an eye on it for now so that way I can update anything that's out of stock/discontinued once I'm closer to my shower in August.

I think the main reason not to check is so you don't spoil the surprise of what gifts you may receive at a shower. Some people say they were disappointed at a shower when they were expecting a particular gift but didn't receive it (because someone had purchased it for a wedding gift instead). I think it's all based on you. Are you going to be stressed out over which gifts have and have not been purchased? If you are, then I'd say avoid checking. If you aren't, then I don't think it really matters.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards