New Jersey
Options

Hair and make-up Prices!!

Wow, so hair and make-up are expensive in NJ!!! I am having a really difficult time finding reasonably prices hair and make-up that travel to your on-site location.  I just got an $85 make-up ONLY quote that I am actually happy with and will be booking her.  Hair on the other hand is way too expensive.  I have elected to pay for my bridesmaids hair and I cannot seem to get a quote under $100.  I know that my hair will be expensive and i'm willing to pay that high price. Anyone know of a reasonable and experienced hair team that can get me and my bridesmaids ready?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair and make-up Prices!!

• Options
    ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I'm using Marena from Pink Comb. Bridesmaids updos or down are $75. All of their pricing is on their website:
    http://www.pinkcombstudio. com/services. html 

If you check out their facebook, they have an album dedicated to showcasing her work. I havent done my trial yet but loved what I saw online. 
  • Options
    I am using Gianna Giaconna.  She is $85 for hair and $85 for makeup for Bridesmaids, MOB, MOG ect and $160 for bridal hair and $160 for bridal makeup.  That is for airbrush makeup and lashes for the bride.  I just had my trial and she is AMAZING!
  • Options
    I had that problem too plus their travel fees so I set out to find someone who could do both hair and makeup. I found Monica Lopez and I just did a trial with her and she was amazing. I did my trial before my engagement photo shoot and I looked amazing all day. After 2 hours of a photo shoot dinner and drinks I still had to actually wash my lipstick off because it stayed on the whole time. Anyway for 3 bridesmaids, 1 mother of the bride and me I'm paying about 1,000 including lashes, tip and travel.
  • Options
    silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2014
    I used Aleetha Clanton for hair and Michelle Rivera for makeup. Aside from their talent, I chose them because they were both very reasonable for my BMs and mom. I believe makeup was $55 and hair was $65.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My total is $1,450 for 3 bridesmaids, MOB and myself ...but that includes extensions. Without the extensions it is $1,200.
  • Options
    jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    Check out Idoyourhairandmakeup on facebook or instagram 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am using Ido your hair and makeup. Gianna cuts my hair and she does my hair for me when I have a nice occasion to go to. I really trust that she will always do a good job with my hair. She is the only one who can make curls last the whole night. My hair is super straight.
  • Options
    I'm using the gals who did my FSIL's wedding last year. They have to do quite a bit of traveling to get to me in North Jersey, so we've arrived at $160pp for airbrush make up and hair. EVERY other place I spoke to wanted 250-350 for both, it was ridiculous. Good luck, and PM me if you want my stylists/MU Artists' info!
  • Options
    Hey there! We are using Pink Comb Studio after a bunch of recs on this board and have had mine, my moms and my future MIL's trials and they have all been better than the next...so professional and they do great work...my girls are paying 150 each for hair and make up I believe and mine is 300...Good luck!!
  • Options
    Hey there! We are using Pink Comb Studio after a bunch of recs on this board and have had mine, my moms and my future MIL's trials and they have all been better than the next...so professional and they do great work...my girls are paying 150 each for hair and make up I believe and mine is 300...Good luck!!

Thanks I'll look into Pink Comb.  Several other PP's have recommended them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards