Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Nsync? Really Wedding Wire?! (short rant)

So I stumbled across wedding wire's list of first dance choices...absolutely ridiculous. I am so embarrassed someone put some of those songs on that list. Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Re: Nsync? Really Wedding Wire?! (short rant)

• donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Emmy211 said:
     Just had to get that off my chest. Thanks.
    I love the knot communities as a place people can ask, answer, find like-minded help... and rant! 

But, c'mon!  (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time On You would be an absolutely sweet first dance .... FOR THE RIGHT COUPLE.  

That Wedding Wire list is ginormous, and I'm fairly sure it was crowd sourced, meaning SOMEBODY actually used that song (either ironically or sincerely) and my fingers are crossed that it was PERFECT for them in the moment of their first dance! 

And that is why some wedding planning decisions should NOT be crowd sourced ... otherwise darling @Emmy211 might just find herself dancing to Nsync, or something equally wrong ... for her!  

Thanks (for my little rant)

• I understand crowd sourced, but I still stand by my WTF moment. I hope their moment was perfect...and in 1999. Perhaps this should have been posted for the snarky brides.

• Is it the actual song that irritates you or is it because it was sung by NSYNC?  If it is because of the group then one can always use Alabama's version of the song instead.

• The Nsync part, it is just makes it so cheesy. All I can picture is the groomsmen doing choreographed dance moves in the background. For their next trick, they can have the BMs do the Britney "Hit Me Baby One More Time" dance.

....Wow, I'm just kind of being a big B today. I'll try to watch that in the future.

• We're totally playing some N*Sync. And BSB and Spice Girls, 90s pop yo! And 80s rock. And hell maybe even some 70s disco. Wouldn't do it as my first dance song, but as far as first dance songs go, it isn't the most gag-inducing I've ever heard. First dance songs always seem a bit cheesy to me. I figure that's the point. Love is kind of cheesy in general.
  • Emmy211 said:

The Nsync part, it is just makes it so cheesy. All I can picture is the groomsmen doing choreographed dance moves in the background. For their next trick, they can have the BMs do the Britney "Hit Me Baby One More Time" dance.

....Wow, I'm just kind of being a big B today. I'll try to watch that in the future.

HAHA!! I have to admit that was an image that popped into my head too!! But also, to go with what MagicInk said, we will have all kinds of music at our wedding, some may be a little cheesy, but sometimes the cheese is what gets the most people moving!
  • Who could say no to 90's pop, I certainly can't, and wouldn't want to. I just say no embarrassing first dances. 
  • MagicInk said:
    We're totally playing some N*Sync. And BSB and Spice Girls, 90s pop yo! And 80s rock. And hell maybe even some 70s disco. Wouldn't do it as my first dance song, but as far as first dance songs go, it isn't the most gag-inducing I've ever heard. First dance songs always seem a bit cheesy to me. I figure that's the point. Love is kind of cheesy in general.
    We had a Nsync dance off at my wedding.  My friend requested "Bye, Bye, Bye" and then about 10 of us (5 on 5) formed two lines and then proceeded to do the entire dance to the song.  It was amazing and funny and fabulous.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards