Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

garter

What color did you get? My colors are red, black, and white.

Re: garter

• Options
    I'm not wearing one. We aren't doing bouquet or garter tosses so it seemed pointless to me. Most people I know that have used them have gotten blue though as their something blue.
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

None here either.We aren't doing a bouquet or garter toss so I didnt' see a point.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My wedding colours are light blue and lilac.  I will probably get a garter that matches my dress colour or blue as my 'something blue'.
  • Options
    I did them, but mostly because they were extras to hang Harley Davidson charms on so DH could have one as a keepsake.

My mom made both of mine.  Purple/white with yellow flowers (his Harley is yellow).  They came out really cute.  My son caught it and gave it back to DH so he could keep both.
  • Options
     Mine was light blue, and also doubled as my 'something blue.' 

*J
  • Options
    I wasn't going to wear one until FI said the garter toss was his favorite part of weddings. I will get one, but I think it will be white or ivory, even though purple is one of our colors. If I were going to make a statement, I'd get one of those crystal ones that are so pretty but probably super uncomfortable to actually wear. He said our garter toss could be private, that night and I could wear it low and only move it up for pictures. I'm not convinced that will be any more comfortable, but since he's expressed this opinion, I'm gonna do something!
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    Mine is a Star Wars one... FI is obsessed with Star Wars. The fabric kind of looks like a comic book. Lol

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Our colors are powder blue and hot pink. My garter will be blue to match as well as double as my "something blue"

• Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    My garter is white lace with white rosettes and crystal pearl brooch pieces. My colors are charcoal and coral, though. I wanted a timeless, across the board look for mine without being too theme-like.

image   image   image

• Options
    I got a black one, cause thats what FI would like. No one else will see it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Did you make it? Or did you buy the star wars garter.

• Options
    I bought in on Esty. :)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm using the same one my sister used for her wedding.  It is ivory with a couple of small strands of decorative beading which is classic and works well with my gown.  Not to mention, my sister and BIL have been married for 24 years so it fits the something old/borrowed categories well!  :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I got a Toronto Maple Leaf garter because it's really for FI. Our wedding colours are purple and silver, but no one will see it.
  • Options
    mine was baby blue and white (something blue). My wedding colors were purple

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it matters if it matches your wedding colors. Mine will be a lace garter with broach detail that I purchased from Etsy. I think you should get whatever you like or if it has special meaning between you and your FI. It could be a fun surprise when he finds it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards