Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

After wedding bridal shower

I am getting married (Destnation wedding; Just the two of us) on July 21st. I will be having a post wedding celebration in October. My best friend is dieing to throw me a bridal shower. However she wants to throw it after my wedding ceremony & before my post wedding party. I think this is weird and a looks like I just want presents. She doesn't want to do it before because of scheduling issues..vacations, daughters dance comps, etc.. Has anyone ever heard of this? What should I do?
Quote · Love it Reply

Re: After wedding bridal shower

• Options
    Yeah I would feel really weird about that too, and I think it highly likely that people invited to such a shower would think it was inappropriate.  I would decline the offer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking. I had never heard of anything like that and she kept telling me it was the new it thing to do. My best friend is amazing and loves to throw parties (she throws awesome parties) but I think she doesn't want to just throw something together .. She said It would feel rusef and not perfect.
  • Options
    It is not the new thing to do, and even if it were, it would be bad.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    How can it be a bridal shower when you will no longer be a bride? You will be a married woman. Even though your friend will be hosting this party, it will definitely make you look gift grabby. I would decline the "shower". If you friend wants to plan a cocktail or dinner party to celebrate that is fine, but a shower with gifts is a big NO in my book. 
  • Options
    Nope, no bridal shower.  That's a choice you make when you elope just the two of you.  Just tell your friend you appreciate the gesture, but you can't accept.  

Enjoy your romantic trip with your partner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Agree with PPs. There's no way to do this without looking bad. 

Your friend sounds very generous and I doubt she knows that a post-private wedding shower will be tacky, so as PPs said, I'd try to sidetrack here with dinner or cocktails instead of flat out saying, "No - this is a terrible idea".

ETA because I forgot a word. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards