Snarky Brides
Options

A little annoyed and I need to vent

So I'm getting married in 5 days (yay!) and my venue still hasn't given me a total for our reception. I have a general idea of the costs, but I've been asking him for something for at least 3 weeks (when I gave him our final numbers) and still nothing. I called him again this morning and he said he would have something to me within the hour, but that was 2 hours ago. Do they not want to get paid?

Re: A little annoyed and I need to vent

• Options
    We were supposed to be paid in full 7 days before the wedding. I know they have been a little lenient on things with us because they are actually one of our customers and we work with them all the time, but at some point I'm thinking they are going to need some money from us. We were supposed to give them 50% 60 days before the wedding too which is when I originally started asking him to give us an idea of a price and he told me not to worry about it and they would get us the exact price once I gave him a final count.
  • Options
    tortoisebridetortoisebride member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Bluff and say you'll find another venue if he doesn't confirm your prices within the next 12 hours? It sounds like they're not taking you seriously because they're used to working with you. It's unprofessional, however, and you should call them on it.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bluff and say you'll find another venue if he doesn't confirm your prices within the next 12 hours? It sounds like they're not taking you seriously because they're used to working with you. It's unprofessional, however, and you should call them on it.
    I would never tell someone that if I wasn't serious though. What if they're like OK and then I don't have a venue for my wedding in 5 days?
  • Options
    No, that's very risky and I would not advise it. Are you primarly talking to them via email? Could you drop by the office or call instead? Do you know the breakdown of costs per guests/rental fees/taxes and gratuities that you could send him a number based on your own calculations and he will just have to agree?
  • Options
    I've done most of my communication by e-mail, but I did talk to him on the phone this morning. I have some numbers, but we've added some stuff on and adjusted some things from what they offered us so I really am at a little bit of a loss as to the total price. I still haven't heard from him today. Like I said though, they are customers of ours so I'm trying to tread lightly and not upset them but this is really getting ridiculous. I had some communication issues with him early on, but I figured it was just because we were so far out from the wedding and he had other stuff to do. The last few months he's been great and he's even met with me in person quite a few times to keep changing stuff.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If you've been emailing, I'd call and keep calling till someone answered.

You can't pay them until they tell you how much you need to pay. They're really screwing themselves.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    He just now finally got me a price! That took forever.
  • Options
    I spoke too soon. Once I read through the e-mail I realized he didn't add any of the fees, taxes, or gratuities or the price for our lodging. Seriously, can you just send me the number to write on the check for you? This shouldn't be that hard.
  • Options
    Hang in there.  We didn't have a correct final invoice until the day before our wedding, but they had already billed us based on an outdated draft.  By the time we were done, they ended up refunding $3000.  In the end it was fine, but it was really stressful while it was happening.
  • Options
    @newborndoc2008 - Thanks for sharing your experience. I thought this was really weird because everyone else gave me prices and got paid a long time ago. We haven't actually given them any money yet except our deposit so it was making me really nervous to not have given them any money. It's good to know that I'm not the only one this has happened to :)
  • Options
    Ok so after 15 e-mails back and forth and me piecing together the little bits of information he gave me in each one and the questions that he answered for me I was able to add everything together myself and get a total. That was so ridiculously unnecessary and frustrating. I hope he doesn't treat everyone that way that books events there. 

Now I can give him money though and I am officially done with wedding planning :)
  • Options
    Yay!! Enjoy the next few days you must be soo excited!! :)
  • Options
    @singinchick13 - I am! It's almost unreal that it's here. When I started planning I thought it was so far away and was going to take forever, but it got here so fast. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards