May 2015 Weddings

Just booked our music!

It was a splurge but we are so excited.  We went with a very reputable company with perfect 5 stars on TK out of like 50 reviews, they work at our venue all the time.

We're doing:
--String trio for prelude and ceremony
--Stand-up bass and keyboard for cocktail reception
--DJ for dinner and dancing

The stand-up bass, I'm going to try to make a surprise for my dad, because he's been learning the bass.  I think it will be a really cool moment to come up into cocktail hour and there are two new live musicians playing jazz.

And the DJ looks amazing based off his video.  He works with an assistant, so really it's two DJ's, and the main DJ is able to be more of an MC and interact with the guests instead of being behind the booth spinning all night.

YAYY!!!!  What are your plans for music?  Are you feeling good about any aspects of your wedding lately?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Just booked our music!

• That sounds awesome! We are still on the vendor hunt. I think we are close to locking in the photographer. I just want to explore all options, since the venue recommended photog is a tad pricier. His stuff is amazing though, and we liked what we saw at the meeting, so we may be going with them. I think I want to book the photographer within the next 2 weeks or so.

As for music, still undecided. I feel that there are so many options with DJ's, and they all offer different things. I had contacted a few, and kind of let it rest for a bit. FI's cousins gave us some recommendations we are going to look into. One of them books this DJ for her companies corporate events, and the other actually had him at a recent party she threw (we did not get a chance to meet with him though, since he was working and we were partying lol). 

I do know that I am going to (finally) start dress shopping in late June. My roomate from college, who is a BM, will be in town and she told me she couldn't wait to do wedding activities. So I am going to wait until then so that she can at least try to make one dress session. 

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13 We are going with Barry Herman Entertainment and I'm beyond impressed by them.  The office is in NJ so it would be a hike for you to meet with them, but I'm pretty sure they also do events in NYC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Awesome, thanks! I'll check them out. I was considering having live music for the ceremony :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• We booked our DJ last month. He will serve for the ceremony and reception. He's the fiance of a good friend, so we got an awesome price.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CC0805CC0805 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're actually looking for DJs now. It's hard because we're not doing a typical reception. We're doing cocktail style, and we're not following the flow of your typical wedding. I also want a good DJ who will mix in some 90s Rock/punk/grunge seamlessly. Found plenty of DJs that can do this well, but they're all out of our budget. Sigh. Any suggestions in NYC? @jcbride2014 I'll look into them though!
  • SO pumped for our receptions--we got this amazing band from the NYC/Jersey area that's willing to travel up to Boston for our wedding. We heard them at my cousin's wedding last summer and they had the entire dance floor packed the entire night. 

As for ceremony music--it's a work in progress.  My two very good friends will be singing "One Hand, One Heart" from West Side Story" during the ceremony. I'd love some kind of strings or acoustic guitar for the music when we do the processional.
  • *reception. There will be just one reception haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards