Destination Weddings Discussions

Mother's Day of wedding attire for the day of?

What are your mother's wearing for the day of the ceremony? I haven't thought about this too much but now I'm getting close to our date and have been thinking more about this. We are still doing a pretty formal wedding even though its a beach wedding. Any thoughts or places to check out for dresses would be appreciated :)

Re: Mother's Day of wedding attire for the day of?

• saric83saric83 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Our moms wore completely different-looking dresses from a floor-length purple flowy chiffon dress, a knee-length navy blue stiffer chiffon dress, a knee-length multi-colored sun-dress to a mid-calf flowy black dress.  I think they looked at David's Bridal, Macy's and Bloomingdales.  
  • My mom is petite and looked old in "mother of the bride" dresses. We got her a bridesmaid dress from the same designer as my bridesmaid in a different shade of blue. Both dresses are short, strapless chiffon from Bill Levkoff and they look beautiful together.
  • We haven't decided on one yet, but my mom is looking at knee length and floor length chiffon halter dresses in bright colors. Most are not labeled "mother of the bride", because those all look so matronly! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards