Chit Chat
Options

Can I brag about my awesome dad? UPDATE WITH PICTURES

lyndausvilyndausvi mod
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited May 2014 in Chit Chat
Well I'm going to whether you like it or not.  His 70th birthday is in 4 weeks.  Tomorrow his in running a half marathon on the Great Wall of China.

How cool is that?

Sadly I can't make it around the block.   :(

So how is your Thursday night?

ETA - he is running on  Saturday.  He text me last night, but it was already Friday there.  So tomorrow to me and tomorrow for him were different.   LOL

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Can I brag about my awesome dad? UPDATE WITH PICTURES

• Options
    That's awesome! I skipped going to the gym in favor of mac & cheese and wine.

• Options
    Daaaammmmn! Impressive Dad, Lynda!! I ran a 5k once and decided I'll never run again ;)

FI gave Gus bacon for lunch so I will spend this Thursday night with a gas mask…watching Hollywood Game Night. Yep, it's a super exciting night we lead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That. Is. So. Cool. Cheers to your Dad!
  • Options
    That is so cool! I'm just starting to train for a 10k.... been doing 5k's for 2 years now.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That's awesome!!!!

Fi's dad runs a triathlon about once a year.  I think it's pretty cool.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Your dad is pretty damn awesome :) I ran my first NYC half this year, it's an amazing feeling! My Thursday night was nice. I made FI and I a yummy vegan dinner of refrained beans and pasta with home made tomatoe garlic sauce, yum!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    That's impressive!

Um, I crashed on the couch after a long day of paperwork. Now I'm hoping I get back to sleep again soon or today will be loooong.
  • Options
    Your dad freaking rocks!!  I will never be a runner again (thanks for that Army) but in all honesty I hated running with a passion.  Whenever we were out there running in formation or doing a PT test I was the one that made everyone else look like gazelles while I looked like a klutzy orangutan.  I have these long legs and not an ounce of grace whatsoever when it comes to anything remotely athletic.

I lost 12 pounds for DD's wedding that is 4 weeks from tomorrow.  Gained back 7 in the last 3 weeks from stress eating.  Go Lynda's Dad!
  • Options
    I'm so proud of him.  He has run a half marathons at midnight above the Arctic  circle when he was living in Norway.  My mom got a suntan watching him.     He has run others around the world also.

Funny thing though, he is not what you would picture as a runner. Like at all. He doesn't plan trips around these events.  He just happens to be living and/or working in the country during the time and just signs up like an other occasional runner would do in their hometowns.  Sure sometimes it's an overnight trip for him, but it's not like he is going to China to run.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Wow! That's amazing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh I have faith that you've been around the block. ;)

That is so cool of your dad! I hate running, but really want to go to China!
  • Options

Your dad is pretty darn awesome! It's gotta be amazing to run a race like that. I'm running my first half on the 25th and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. FI's dad is 57 and has run 14 marathons I believe and is running another on the 25th as well. FI's uncle is around 65 I think and is still running marathons too. FI is running his third on the 25th and it's also his 28th birthday. He and his dad want to run at least one a year until they can't/die.

My thursday night was nice. Went for a run, got dinner with FI and then we had some friends over to our house to hang out and watch the Yankees game.

• Options
    Oh I have faith that you've been around the block. ;) That is so cool of your dad! I hate running, but really want to go to China!
    China Is cool.   I loved the great wall.  Actually one of my favorite places I've visited.   Can't imagine running on it though!

• Options
    That is so awesome!
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    dad is sending me pictures real time !!!

• Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    So cool! What an amazing opportunity your dad has to run that race!!! The Great Wall marathon is a bucket list thing for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    So flippin' awesome!! Loving the pictures!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So flippin' awesome!! Loving the pictures!
    He hasn't sent any pictures over in a while, I guess he might be actually running not climbing

• Options
    What an awesome life event!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Lynda, that's so exciting! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards