Just Engaged and Proposals

A Different Kind of Proposal!

A little background... my fiance is a singer in a metal band and it is his biggest passion. He practices twice a week and has shows once or twice a month and his bandmates and their friends are like family to us. I haven't missed very many shows since we first started dating, and I love supporting him and seeing him do his thing on stage!

So, when he proposed to me on stage at one of his shows, I really wasn't surprised. Being the center of attention really isn't my "thing" but he had told me a few months ago that his intention to make a "big scene" and since that is his personality, I agreed to let him have his moment of glory. Not the most romatic setting, so to speak, but it was totally US and just perfect. As a matter of fact my favorite part of the video is when he pulled out the ring and some guy in the background yelled "what the f***k?!!!". It just cracks me up! And of course everyone cheered and complete strangers offered their congratulations for the rest of the night. It was a great experience, and he is so sweet he is already planning our vow renewal so he can make a more intimate proposal "next time" hahaha. These are the things I love about him. :)

Re: A Different Kind of Proposal!

• Cute! congrats!
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks ladies! Judging by lack of response I'm thinking I may need to head over to the "offbeat" section where I belong! Hahaha. My wedding will actually be pretty normal compared to my proposal, though. No skull cakes, as people keep suggesting! LOL

• IrishPirate60IrishPirate60 Clare Island member
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
    Congratulations. What fun!

Don't be too worried about the lack of response on this board. After the site update and days worth of triple posting, I think people are biding their time. Just read and enjoy.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    This board doesn't get as much traffic as the main boards is all. And the Offbeat board gets even less. Lurk a little on the main boards and then start posting there.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards