May 2014 Weddings
Options

Vows ?

windiewindie member
First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited May 2014 in May 2014 Weddings

So what are you girls doing for your vows? traditional? writing your own? a compilation?

I didn't want to truly write our own, but I wanted something more personal than the "standard" vows performed at a church wedding. We looked through various wedding sites and came up with this:

I [groom], in faith, honesty and love, take you, [bride], as my wedded wife. To share with you God's plan for our lives, together united in Christ. And with God's help to strengthen and guide me, to be a strong spiritual leader for us in our life, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, in joys and in sorrows, until death do we part. I commit to you this day all that I am and all my love; I pledge to you, in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

With this ring, a symbol of our unity, I seal my vow of love to you, [bride]; in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I [bride], in faith, honesty and love take you, [groom], as my wedded husband. To share with you God's plan for our lives, together united in Christ. To be a loving helpmate to you, with God's help and strength, seeking Him always no matter the trial; whether sickness, health; joys or sorrows, till death do us part. I commit to you this day all that I am and all my love; I pledge to you, in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

With this ring, a symbol of our unity, I seal my vow of love to you, [groom]; in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Re: Vows ?

• Options
    We are doing traditional:

I, Bride take you Groom to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; as long as we both shall live.

GROOM: Bride  I give you this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness.

BRIDE: I receive this ring as a sign of our love and faithfulness.

• Options
    Traditional vows here. But we wrote our own ring exchange vows
  • Options
    abailey2014abailey2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    windiewindie member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    @abailey2014 - changed your mind about posting your vows? i saw them, but didn't have time to read it right then, so just came back & saw your removed it. I understand, though because it would be hard if you got criticism on such a personal thing.
  • Options
    delujm0delujm0 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Our officiant gave us a list of 16 different pre-written vows to choose from, or we could write our own or find something else.  At first FI wanted to write his own, but i really did not want to do that (i have no idea what condition i'll be in during the ceremony and don't want to ugly-cry if i can help it).  we read through the suggestions, and really just wanted to stick with the standard.  So that's what we're going with.
  • Options
    ddvirtsddvirts member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    We are not having a religious ceremony, so our ceremony is not that traditional. First of all, we are having two officiants. Both of them are our friends and one of them is a judge, so she's doing the legal part. Fiancé and I are doing a reading together first, from a children's book. And we are writing our own vows, but they are actually promises to each other. We are going to write them together though.
  • Options
    Our vows:
    "Today, I give myself to you, ____, and ask for your tomorrows.  I promise to love you, laugh with you, and share your dreams.  I will give you my strength and ask for yours in return.  I wish to be with you always, and ask you to accept me as your wife/husband, best friend and love for life."

Our ring exchange will be:
    "This ring I give you in token of my devotion and love, and with my heart I pledge to you all that I am.  With this ring I marry you and join my life to yours."
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @windie - we also wanted something a little traditional plus a little different. After searching different sites, here is what we came up with. I, (Name), take you (Name), to be my (husband/wife/spouse), my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. On this special day, I affirm to you in the presence of God and all those in attendance my pledge to stay by your side as your faithful wife in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
  • Options
    We're doing both. Traditional vows that meet the legal requirements (declaration of intent) and then personal vows while we exchange rings. I haven't finished mine yet though :/
  • Options

After reading through all of what our officiant had for us to look over this is what we had settled on for our ceremony:

Vows: Do you, groom/bride, take bride/groom to be your wife/husband, to love, honor, and cherish through all circumstances?  If so, please answer… “I do!”

Ring Exchange:   ________,I love you for all that you are, all that you have been and all you’re yet to be. I take you to be my husband/wife, to have and to hold, in tears and in laughter, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, form this day forward, in this world and the next.  And with this ring, I thee wed!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards