Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

bad photo experience

hi all...
i have recently had a bad photo experience from a photographer in baltimore. i am still waiting on some things, so don't want to post his name straight up but will send his name to anyone interested who sends me a message. i was married 15 months ago, still don't have my album, and it took a year to get my prints. i did get my disk in  a reasonable amount of time, but he did not make the promised edits and i had to make him a list of things to fix. everything has taken Super long, tons of unanswered emails, and ignored phone calls and messages. it's been a nightmare, and we even contacted the BBB, which helped us get our prints, but because he isn't registered with them, they can't do much. 

Re: bad photo experience

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on your local board, it probably would help them out more.
  • I just recently got married to my sweetheart and we eloped!  It was fun but I have a major issue with my photographer and I am not sure how to handle it.  I hired someone who did a friends wedding and 4 days before my wedding he cancelled and sent his wife and the photos were horrible.  Both my husband and I cannot believe how bad they are.  Our heads are cut off in most of the pictures and the sides of our faces are also cut off.  a few of them I was in mid sentence.  When I told them they were bad and I was very unhappy with them, he was very arrogant stating they won 2 awards and the "cutting off of our heads is "Artful".  There is not much I can do since the day is already ruined, but I want to warn others so that they do not have the same issue and be as upset as we are.  What do I do and where do I go?
  • edited May 2014
    Go to your local board and the BBB in your area. I'd ask for a refund as well. Did you contract state he would shot or could he send a replacement?

And in the future, it's best to start a new thread rather than resurrect a super old one :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards