Wedding Etiquette Forum

Ceremony and Brunch Timing

SharedJoySharedJoy member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
I am having a hard time deciding on a good schedule.
Bullet points for clarity:
-Mimosas, Bloody Mary's, coffee, tea, and juice will be served before and after
-Brunch will follow immediately after the ceremony -Some guests will be staying in the area or on the property
 -Most guests will be driving 1-2.5 hours
-Lawn games, children's activities, socializing will follow brunch
-The wedding will "end" some time in the afternoon but we will still activities going on that anyone can stay for
-I am assuming that anyone who eats an earlier breakfast will indeed eat breakfast before coming up and we will have a breakfast bar for anyone who is there early and/or helping out
-A light lunch buffet will be put out later in the afternoon (nobody will go hungry)
-Obviously cake and other desserts will make an appearance :)

Which option would make you less crabby?
(Also, this is my first poll so hopefully I did it right!)

ETA: I posted in Etiquette because I feel it is all encompassing of all things wedding
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Ceremony and Brunch Timing 51 votes

10:30
13% 7 votes
11:00
68% 35 votes
11:30
17% 9 votes

Re: Ceremony and Brunch Timing

• I voted for 11 am mainly because of the drive time of your guests.

• Are you asking for the start time for the ceremony or for the brunch?
  • Good question: Ceremony start time Also, most most guests are 1 hour away with only a few about 2 hours away (one set being my grandparents).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I just attended a wonderful brunch wedding that started at 10. If I had had to drive 1 or 2 hour to get there, that would have felt early (we stayed in a hotel the night before). 11 sounds like a good time. I would absolutely eat a bite before showing up. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh I was assuming the times you noted was the start time of ceremony. So keep my answer and know that I meant to start your ceremony at 11 am.

• Yes, it is for the ceremony start time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Then 11 sounds good to me too.  Driving guests won't have to leave too terribly early in the morning, but food will still be served at a decent time (assuming ceremony doesn't last more than an hour - if it is a full Catholic mass, etc. I'd consider starting at 10:30).
  • I voted 11:30 because I live in the New York area and I can't even fathom eating brunch before 1pm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Our brunch wedding is starting at 11, that's why I answered the way I did. Yay brunch!!
  • I would be silently cursing you if it was at 10:30 because I would have to get up to do my hair (I have to shower morning of to make sure it curls right). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't want anyone cursing me! No, no, no!

@JCbride2015‌ I am from Portland, we are apparently brunch people as described by Portlandia's Brunch Village.

Thank you for all the votes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SharedJoy said:
    I don't want anyone cursing me! No, no, no! @JCbride2015‌ I am from Portland, we are apparently brunch people as described by Portlandia's Brunch Village. Thank you for all the votes!
    Hey! I'm from Beaverton! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @pinkshorts27 Howdy neighbor! I'm in Outer NE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SharedJoy said:
    @pinkshorts27 Howdy neighbor! I'm in Outer NE.
    Nice! FI is from Hillsboro! :) Oregon is home for me even though I've moved. FI is going to OSU

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards