May 2014 Weddings

can i brag a bit?

this might be considered rude - but can i just share?

my FI's sister is the GM for a Catering company. She worked an AMAZING deal for us! 2 buffets (one adult, one kids) plus non-alcoholic drinks & cookies (instead of cake) for 112 people at $1700 plus tax!!! And then she arranged for two people who used to work for the company to come and work our wedding (FI knows them and knows they will do a fantastic job) - so we'll pay them directly - i don't even know how much this saved us, but i am sure its a lot!

FI has a home repair business & things have a been a bit tight lately, so this price is such a blessing! I know that you shouldn't talk money, so i hope its okay that i posted on here instead of talking about it with my offline friends.

my FSIL rocks!!

Re: can i brag a bit?

• It's perfectly fine to talk about your wedding budget on here! I think you got an amazing price. It's so great that she was able to help you guys out like that.
  • windiewindie member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I was orignally figuring about $3000 for food - but then a few weeks ago she told us it would be under $2k I was thilled! (and thinking under 2, as in $19 & change) To almost be half of my original plan is just so sweet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards