Wedding Party
Options

Bridemaid gifts

I know there are a lot of posts about this but i have some different issues.
I have 4 bridesmaids.  Only 1 lives in the same city.  That one has come with me everywhere and helped with all sorts of planning.  She is also throwing me a Shower at her house.  2 of the other 3 are chipping in financially for the shower. They are wearing their own black dresses.
I am paying for their day-of makeup and have bought them matching shawls for the ceremony (they need their shoulders covered).
So now the question is do I also buy them something else as a gift?  Should the bridesmaid throwing the shower and helping with everything get something special but perhaps not the others?
I'm also paying the wedding myself so don't have a ton of money to spend.
Any advice would be nice.

Re: Bridemaid gifts

• Options
    Bridesmaids gifts don't have to be expensive. Small jewelry, a starbucks giftcard for the coffee drinker, wine for the wine-drinker, scarf for the scarf-lover, etc.

I'd grab a bottle of wine or a small giftcard for your shower hostess along with a note. 
  • Options
    I bought flip flops to change into at the reception if they aren't super comfortable in their shoes. I will be paying for their hair and I had bought little notepads for like grocery lists that are magnets as well. I wanted to get a small purse/bag type thing but really debated just to get a reusable grocery bag. I am not sure yet there. For my MOH I will be ordering something special for her. She is into pole dancing to get in shape and it's been working great. I saw something's on café press that had sayings on that I liked. But otherwise the main wedding related is the flip flops and hair being paid for. We don't have a lot of extra money neither and are paying for it all ourselves, with a 10 month old child so I definitely know where you are coming from not having much to spare. But if you think about it you can get nice gifts cheap. It doesn't have to be anything extrodianary just something special from you saying thank you to them.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just got my BMs small things - picture frames, candles, and I'm thinking of grabbing a wristlet for one and a set of makeup brushes for the other. These are the kinds of things we'd exchange as birthday gifts, nothing extravagant or pricey, but are tailored to each of them.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Rebl90Rebl90 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I know there are a lot of posts about this but i have some different issues. This is no different than anyone else on here, I don't see any unique/weird circumstances.  Y
    I have 4 bridesmaids.  Only 1 lives in the same city.  That one has come with me everywhere and helped with all sorts of planning.  She is also throwing me a Shower at her house.  2 of the other 3 are chipping in financially for the shower. They are wearing their own black dresses.
    I am paying for their day-of makeup and have bought them matching shawls for the ceremony (they need their shoulders covered).
    So now the question is do I also buy them something else as a gift?  Absolutely, YES. Make-up and a required shawls are not gifts.  Should the bridesmaid throwing the shower and helping with everything get something special but perhaps not the others? She should be receiving a separate hostess gift, to be given to her after the shower. You also should give a hostess gift/thank you note to the BMs who contributed financially, that is a big deal and you should show them how thankful you are. No excuses. I did this for my MOH who threw me a shower and she LOVED it, I could tell it made her feel very loved and special. 
    I'm also paying the wedding myself so don't have a ton of money to spend. I'm on a budget too, but giving my bridesmaids gifts to thank them for their friendship during this time is so very important to me, and I have had a blast picking out gifts for them.  It doesn't need to be expensive, but it should be thoughtful.  Give them each something you would purchase for them as a birthday/christmas/etc. present, do not give them matching gifts.  I received a personalized hanger and tote bag from a friend who's wedding I was in, and I felt a little sad that we all got the same thing and that it seemed like she didn't spend lots of thought on it.  BUT, she wrote me a beautiful note that made me feel appreciated :)
    Any advice would be nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shop for them as it was their biirthday. It does not have to be expensive but should be un-wedding related.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards