Pre-wedding Parties

Na

Re: Na

• I'm not an etiquette expert, but I say plan the party your sister wants.  So many of these posts talk about how the bride and groom need to be good hosts, not selfish, don't make guests wait for this or that, blah, blah, blah.  Give her something that's 100% what she wants since it doesn't seem to be anything too crazy, off the wall, or extravagant.
  • I don't know why you would do it on a weekday(IMO); but I guess what is done is done, just beg forgiveness and move on. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • All is water under the bridge, can't unring a bell, etc.  At this point, you may or may not get forgiven by your mom, but try to make peace.  Maybe offer up something like the decorating or arranging party favors, or even adjusting the menu.  If you can re-engage the moms in some way, it might smooth things over.  By the way, I totally get the Thursday evening thing as a budget consideration and it sounds like a novel idea to me.
  • I only have Mondays and Tuesdays off (except for our wedding and honeymoon, which will net me two weeks no pay and my first Saturdays off in about 2.5 years), so I get having a weekday shower. At this point, I'd say just try to make peace and plan the shower your sis wants?
  • irishflyirishfly member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards