Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Just need to vent :)

No real question just want to know I am not the only one having this issue! Invitations went out 2 months ago. RSVPs were due this week, but still over half the guest list has yet send back their RSVPS. UGH! The return envelopes have prepaid postage on it and all they have to do is check a box! We are now doing the track down game which is hard when we all work! Why can't guests RSVP on time? Sorry just venting!

Re: Just need to vent :)

• Options
    Nope, it is pretty normal.  My 4th DD is getting married and her RSVP date is the 2nd of June.  We don't quite have 1/3 of them and they have dropped right off.  I know we will be making calls just like we did for her sisters' weddings.
  • Options
    Thanks Kmmssg! Good to know I'm not alone with this! I guess I am just not a procrastinator! 
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! So for invites we used a postcard and on the back it gave our wedding website with the tagline "for registry information and to RSVP". I completely spaced adding a date to have them in by, but still figured people would figure it out or at the very least call me. For crying out loud, 98% of our guest list is FB friends with one or both of us and they could have messaged us. So now it's 11 days til the wedding and I STILL had to make an educated guess for at least 50 people. I even sent out texts AND two FB messages to about 20 people and only heard back from about 6. I'm definitely not the procrastinating type either, so this is kinda irritating me. Good thing it's a fairly casual wedding and we're doing the food, otherwise I'd be furious at not knowing what to tell a caterer. At the very least give a "maybe". Heck, when I RSVP to anything (FB event, wedding, BBQ, etc), I try to give an answer within about a week and if I have to change it I change it. Glad to know I'm not alone in this problem.
  • Options

Oh my goodness! So for invites we used a postcard and on the back it gave our wedding website with the tagline "for registry information and to RSVP". I completely spaced adding a date to have them in by, but still figured people would figure it out or at the very least call me. For crying out loud, 98% of our guest list is FB friends with one or both of us and they could have messaged us. So now it's 11 days til the wedding and I STILL had to make an educated guess for at least 50 people. I even sent out texts AND two FB messages to about 20 people and only heard back from about 6. I'm definitely not the procrastinating type either, so this is kinda irritating me. Good thing it's a fairly casual wedding and we're doing the food, otherwise I'd be furious at not knowing what to tell a caterer. At the very least give a "maybe". Heck, when I RSVP to anything (FB event, wedding, BBQ, etc), I try to give an answer within about a week and if I have to change it I change it. Glad to know I'm not alone in this problem.

Uhm....wow.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I wouldn't know how to reply to an invitation like that, either.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, @luckylefty88‌ , I don't get you being annoyed at your guests at all. It's absurd that you think they should just figure it out and are annoyed they didn't.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards