Getting in Shape

Tony Hortons P90x Workout

I was so excited when fiance approached me today and said he wanted to order the P90x workout series. If you buy it on Amazon, it also comes with the free over the door chin up bar. We also bought the resistance bands. He wants to get in better shape for the summer and  for our wedding next May. Has anyone tried doing these workouts before? From what I can see they look like one of the highest rated, and I hope so because they were pretty expensive, and that is what fiance wanted. We are getting married May 15 2015, so we have a little over a year to better our own lifestyle's and to get in shape before the wedding.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tony Hortons P90x Workout

• Hi there! I have done almost 3 months of P90X and lost over 8 inches overall. My brother lost 50 pounds doing it. It's a tough workout but so effective. It's the whole package of strength training, cardio, and flexibility. 

I am getting married in April 2015 and also trying to get in shape for the wedding. (I'd like to lose about 50 pounds.) 

Since you bought it on Amazon, I'm guessing you don't have a Beachbody coach. It's free to sign up. I am a coach and looking to help other brides-to-be get in shape for their wedding. I JUST started a challenge group (like 10 minutes ago, just started it) for people like you and me. If you are interested in signing up with me as your coach and participating in my group, where you'll get one-on-one coaching plus encouragement from other brides to be, please e-mail me at amy.m.roberson@gmail.com or look me up on FB: coachamymichelle.

I'd love to help you look your absolute best on your wedding day and be able to do it while also planning your wedding because working out is a HUGE stress reliever during this time. Best of luck to you!

Amy
  • I've just started week 2 of the P90x Lean schedule with my fiance, so far no weight loss but I feel much more toned and fitter (and very sore).  I used to work out 2-3x a week, and my fiance never worked out, the workouts were a bit of a shock to him, hard for me but not quite as bad. It's hard but seems good.  I got the program from a friend who did it before her wedding she had to get into a dress that was too small and on her big day it fit.
  • I have officially finished day one of P90x. I officially fail at push ups. I can only do the regular push ups and basically have to do them on my knees. So I have been substituting those for all of the push up sections. I am hoping to build up to some of the harder push ups within the next few weeks. Anyone else have trouble with them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did this awhile back for about a month (just exercising not eating healthier) and I didn't lose any lbs but I did feel more energized and I also could tell my clothes were starting to fit nicer. I am getting married in 2 months but my dress fit perfect before I lost 30 lbs so I want to tone up but fear my dress will be too big so I myself will probably wait until after my wedding and before my honey moon (2 weeks after my wedding).
  • Starting p90x over again Monday. FI and I started dieting a month ago. I'm up a pound and he's down 20 and still sneaks cake >(! I really want to tone up and look good so I'm hoping p90x and trying to closely follow their diet will get me in somewhat of a shape by sept 6.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards