Wedding Invitations & Paper

Please proofread my invites before they go to print!

Ok, so my invites are in. I need #1: any obvious misspellings or incorrect wording. #2 would you understand the RSVP card/welcome dinner issue? (read the guest info card before RSVP card)

Re: Please proofread my invites before they go to print!

• Everything looks good to me. 

I would understand that I have to RSVP to two events -- the welcome dinner and the wedding -- and that if I am only attending the wedding, I only have to check that line.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Reception to follow instead of Cocktails, Dinner, and Dancing.

You do not need to say "in the evening" after six o'clock. Mine just say "half after five o'clock". People understand that you do not mean six in the morning. ;)

Does your FI go by Tony? Is that his legal or preferred name? For example, Bill instead of William? IMO, it's more elegant to go by his full name rather than a nickname or shortened version. Also, did you want to include his first middle last instead of this just first and last? I think this is a preference thing here.

My concern with the rsvp is the welcome dinner. What if a guest only checks off that they will attend the welcome dinner but don't check off next to the ceremony/reception? Can you just do a traditional rsvp and an include an extra card for the welcome dinner rsvp?

• Thanks ladies. In response to @lapeanut1018, 2 things: Actually FI's legal name is Tony. I think sometimes he doesn't' really love that but he really hates his middle name (Joe. just Joe) so he asked that I not put it on the invite. It would definitely look better to me to have it another way, but it's just an invite and there's really no way around it.

I am worried also about the RSVP card. The dilemma is: I hate getting invites with 50 pieces of paper in them. Also, I don't want people to need to mail back two separate cards. ALSO, I'm trying to keep the weight as reasonable as possible. 

Can you think of a better way to word it to keep it to one card? My feeling is a lot of people will understand. This is a DW, so if people say they're coming friday, I'll call them but its probably safe to assume they won't leave the state Sat morning before the wedding. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I think in general most people would understand and would check off both boxes if they plan to arrive early Friday and attend the dinner. But it seems like people screw up RSVP's frequently even without an extra box to check you know? I'd just be prepared to make some phone calls to clarify just in case. Or do you have room to do 4 lines? Sort of like this? I honestly think what you have will be fine for the majority of people.

_ Will attend welcome dinner on Friday on x date

_ Will not attend welcome dinner

_ Will attend ceremony/reception

_ Will not attend

• The 'in the evening' and 'cocktails, dinner and dancing' aren't really "correct" but they don't bother me and I actually like knowing what kind of reception I am going to so I know how to prepare.

And I understand your FI not wanting to use a name he doesn't like on the invite.  I used my preferred/nickname on my invite because that is what I always go by and I hate my full name so really, in the end, it is all about what he likes/wants.  Like you said, it is just an invitation not a legally binding document.

I understand the RSVP completely but like PP said some people aren't that smart or get confused easily so I would add what PP suggested which is a line to note if you aren't coming to the welcome dinner.

Finally, just want to say I really like your invites.  They are pretty and simple and I love the wording color.

• I like everything except for "cocktails, dinner, and dancing to follow".  Use the traditional "Reception to follow".
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I like them as-is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards